NEWS
Sunday June 19 2011
'Villas-Boas won't be Inter boss'

Inter technical director Marco Branca has confessed: “Our new Coach will not be Andre Villas-Boas.”

The Porto boss had been the hot favourite after Marcelo Bielsa and Sinisa Mihajlovic pulled out of the race to replace Leonardo.

Branca had flown out to Portugal for talks with Villas-Boas last night, but these seem to have crumbled.

“It is only right for me to point out something that has been whipped up by understandable media speculation,” Branca told ANSA news agency.

“All told, for some time everyone in the football world has well known the bond between Villas-Boas and Porto.

“He has a contract with a high buy-out clause, though that is not the only reason he is excluded from the list of candidates for the Inter bench.”

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition - £10,000 to be won!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES