NEWS
Monday November 29 2010
Napoli promise signings

Napoli director of sport Riccardo Bigon has reiterated the club's desire to make one or two signings in the January transfer window.

Earlier this month, Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis [pictured] said he is willing to bring in a big name to help sustain the team's push for Champions League football.

"We will do one or two operations in the January transfer window," Bigon said. "But let's not dramatise this defeat to Udinese.

"Moments of emergency can happen to anyone. Luckily at Napoli we are managing the situation very well.

"It's logical that if you prefer to save Hassan Yebda and Jose Sosa for the game against Utrecht then you have to give a run out to youngsters like Maiello and Dumitru.

"But on this we need to be agreed: do you have confidence in the youngsters or not?"

Il Corriere dello Sport understands that Napoli are trying to sign Espanyol defender Victor Ruiz and Udinese midfielder Gokhan Inler.

Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition - £11,000 to be won monthly!

FOOTBALL ITALIA RELATED NEWS

TODAY'S FRONT PAGES