Reports from Spain are suggesting that Espanyol have agreed to sell Pablo Daniel Osvaldo to Roma.
The Liga club are understood to have finally accepted an offer of around €17m for the centre-forward.
Around 40 per cent of the fee agreed will be handed over instantly, with the other 60 per cent set to be paid in instalments.
The Espanyol striker has been requested by Giallorossi boss Luis Enrique as a replacement for Mirko Vucinic.
The latter left Roma for Juventus this summer in a €15m deal.
Osvaldo, born in Argentina, is actually a former Italian Under-21 international who has played in the peninsula before.
The striker, 25, had spells at Atalanta, Lecce, Fiorentina and Bologna before his January 2010 move to La Liga.
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition  - £11,000 to be won monthly!