Serie A is ready to start and Serafino Ingardia makes his predictions for the 2011-12 season. He even presents you with the final table…
1. Milan – Arguably the best team in Serie A, the Rossoneri should once again win the Scudetto with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alexandre Pato as hungry as ever. Il lupo perde il pelo ma non il vizio.
2. Inter – No chance of competing against Milan without Samuel Eto'o, but Gian Piero Gasperini's team is still a top one and should end their campaign behind the Rossoneri. Il bello non è vincere ma partecipare.
3. Napoli – Champions League football will interfere, but the Azzurri bought what they needed in the summer and can still challenge the big boys. La speranza è sempre l'ultima a morire.
4. Lazio – With Claudio Lotito finally spending money, Edy Reja seems happy with this solid side. Watch out for Hernanes and Miroslav Klose. Meglio tardi che mai.
5. Juve – Is this team better than the last? Their awful defence doesn't look much stronger while the majority of Beppe Marotta's transfers are questionable. Sbagliare è umano, perseverare è diabolico.
6. Roma – Great project and brilliant signings. Roma only need time to blossom. The present is not theirs, but the future could be. Se son rose fioriranno…
7. Fiorentina – Written off by many, but Sinisa Mihajlovic can still count on Alberto Gilardino, Stevan Jovetic and Manuel Vargas. L'abito non fa il monaco.
8. Udinese – Despite the departure of their best players, the Bianconeri still have a competitive side led by club legend Antonio Di Natale. Their business continues. Nella botte piccola c' è il vino buono.
9. Genoa – Yet another revolution for Il Grifone, but not as bad as the last one. The Rossoblu could improve from last term. Tra il dire e il fare c'è di mezzo il mare.
10. Palermo – President Maurizio Zamparini has either gone mad or he is trying to get rid of Palermo. It doesn't look good for the Rosanero. Il pesce puzza dalla testa.
11. Catania – The ordinary Pietro Lo Monaco side with plenty of Argentineans. The Sicilians should do better than last term also thanks to Vincenzo Montella. Volere è potere.
12. Parma – Pietro Leonardi couldn't sign Amauri, but still bought a top striker – Sergio Floccari. With his goals and the creativity of Sebastian Giovinco, the Ducali will have a fun season. Si chiude una porta e si apre un portone.
13. Chievo – Every season the Gialloblu Donkeys do just enough to keep on flying in Serie A. This campaign shouldn't be any different. Vivi e lascia vivere.
14. Bologna – The Rossoblu added a few good players to their squad ensuring that this year's survival shouldn't be a problem. Sbagliando si impara.
15. Cagliari – The season hasn't even started, but Massimo Cellino has already fired Roberto Donadoni. Their campaign could be a troubled one. Il buongiorno si vede dal mattino.
16. Atalanta – Starting from -6 the Nerazzurri will play every game as a final. They should make it also thanks to an excellent transfer campaign. Non tutti i mali vengono per nuocere.
17. Cesena – If Adrian Mutu controls himself off the pitch, he could provide them with key goals for survival. But with so many attacking players, they will have to learn how to keep their balance. Fidarsi è bene, non fidarsi è meglio.
18. Siena – New boss Giuseppe Sannino needs time to understand this team. It is difficult to call but the Tuscans seems to have a little less than their rivals. Ritenta, sarai piu' fortunato.
19. Lecce – Miracles only happen once and the Giallorossi are aware of that. Eusebio Di Francesco is a massive gamble they may be unable to afford. Chi di spada ferisce, di spada perisce
20. Novara – If their squad was good enough to get them promoted, why change it? Their destiny seems already written, let's just hope they enjoy the ride. A buon intenditor poche parole…