There is a “70 per cent chance” that Amauri will leave Juventus for Tottenham during the January transfer window.
The striker will quit the Turin giants in the New Year after he was frozen out of the first team for refusing a summer sale.
“He should go and play in England with Tottenham,” agent Ernesto Bronzetti told Controcampo when asked about the striker’s next destination. “Nothing has been signed yet though.
“There is also the possibility that he could join an Italian club, but I won’t tell you which one.
“Let’s say that there is a 70 per cent chance that he’ll move abroad and a 30 per cent chance that he’ll stay in the peninsula.”
Amauri, whose €3.8m a season deal in Turin expires in June 2012, hasn’t played for the Bianconeri so far this season.
“His relationship with Juventus broke down after he rejected a transfer to Marseille,” continued Bronzetti.
“Why did he snub them? Because they were offering him less than half of what he earns today. Amauri has become a prisoner of his own contract.”
A host of other clubs in the summer – such as Palermo and Napoli – showed an interest too, but no agreement could be reached over personal terms.
Parma, where he spent six months on loan last season, also wanted him but couldn’t afford his full wages either.
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition  - £10,000 to be won!