Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri has revealed Alessandro Nesta will miss Thursday's trip to Cagliari after suffering an injury in training.
Nesta joins the likes of Gianluca Zambrotta, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Andrea Pirlo and Mathieu Flamini in the MilanLab treatment room.
"He has been taken injured and I believe that it will be difficult for him to play tomorrow," Allegri said.
"We will evaluate his condition tomorrow."
Allegri then turned his attention to Milan's new signing Antonio Cassano.
"It's the last chance of Cassano's career and he cannot fail.
"Right now it's the desire that counts and he is showing us that he has it.
"He has a 70 per cent chance of starting on the bench, but there is still a 30 per cent chance he'll start from the beginning."
Asked about the Ronaldinho's apparently imminent exit, Allegri replied: "It makes me and all the Italian football fans sorry.
"Losing a player of such quality is always bad, but it's his decision."
Finally, Allegri gave his reaction to Silvio Berlusconi's comments that a winning Milan is good for Italy.
"Compliments always make me happy. We always need to keep our ears open with Silvio because there is always something to learn.
"For now we are at the top of the table and I believe it's very important. I am sorry above all for our slip ups against Roma and Juve."
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition  - £10,000 to be won!