Adriano Galliani has confirmed Milan “might bring in Mattia Destro” after negotiations with Siena and Genoa.
The striker is co-owned by Siena and Genoa, but has been linked with Italy’s top clubs over the past couple of weeks.
“Thiago Silva will stay at Milan and we might bring in Destro,” Vice-President Adriano Galliani told Sky Sport Italia.
On Friday evening reports emerged that the Rossoneri had joined the race that already included Roma, Inter and Juventus.
“Milan are a great club, so their interest is not surprising,” Siena director of sport Stefano Antonelli told Sky Sport Italia.
“I would be honoured to keep Destro, as he is one of the brightest young talents in Italy, but we know it would be tough.”
Up until now Roma had been the most likely candidates to take Destro,  though Siena deny this.
“There are no favourites in the race. Every club can speak to us or with Genoa. There are many clubs interested and Roma are among them.”
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition  - £5,000 monthly.