Genoa President Enrico Preziosi has commented on the sacking of sporting directors Stefano Capozucca and Mario Donatelli.
The administrative pair were relieved of their duties at the club earlier on Friday, and the Grifone owner has hinted at his ruthless streak when discussing their departures.
“Everyone knew that Capozucca and Donatelli did not fit in our future plans,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “We have not yet looked at any replacements, but we will take our time to select worthy replacements.
“When employees are no longer needed and cannot provide the same service you hired them for, you have to think about the future. There's nothing dramatic about that.”
He also commented on the job done so far by new Coach Del Neri, who only joined the club in October.
“I am satisfied with his work so far,” Preziosi said. “He will be with us for a long time.”
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition  - £10,000 to be won!