Inter President Massimo Moratti has responded to claims made by Rafa Benitez that the doctors and fitness coach at the club impeded his work.
Benitez told the BBC's Football Focus on Saturday that he couldn't control everything and was shocked to discover two players doing weights without his permission before the Club World Cup semi-final in December.
The Spanish tactician was sacked later that month and replaced by Leonardo.
"Let's say that, seeing Inter's recent results, we thought that there would be a reaction from Benitez," Moratti said.
"I haven't spoken to our doctor about this, but I think that he is a little hurt by these comments. But doctor Combi is one of several strong points at the club, even if Benitez means to say that he is to blame for the injuries. Unfortunately for him, it's not the case."
Asked if even he had been surprised by the repeated injuries to Diego Milito, Moratti joked: "They were Benitez's prayers.
"Unfortunately, this is something that we must monitor with close attention."
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition  - £10,000 to be won!