Juan Camilo Zuniga now claims his pledge to Napoli was “invented” by newspapers and his future is still “in the balance.”
The wing-back had been quoted in the Gazzetta dello Sport on Saturday  reassuring fans “I feel Neapolitan inside. I never said I wanted to leave Napoli.”
However, today Zuniga spoke to Tuttosport and painted a very different picture.
“My future is still in the balance. I don’t know what will happen, as it is all yet to be decided. I only hope the issue can be resolved quickly.
“I don’t want to be forced to leave Napoli at the end of my contract. These are not conditions I would like to live in.
“I feel that I ought to make the situation clear, seeing as people have invented some of my statements. Once again some words are in the papers that I never actually said. I am fed up of this, as it has happened too many times.
“My desire is to play a great Champions League campaign in a great team. I am happy with these four years spent at Napoli, but I am equally happy that great clubs like Juventus, Inter and overseas outfits want me.”
The Colombian international’s contract expires in June 2014 and renewal talks have stalled.
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition  - £10,000 to be won!