It’s reported the player Roma have secured is Brazilian left-back Abner, snatching him from Manchester City.
Before last night’s 2-0 victory over Napoli, Giallorossi director of sport Walter Sabatini revealed he had sealed a deal for a new player. 
“I was confirming to President James Pallotta the probable signature of a player and he was curious to know who it was. It’s for next year, anyway.”
Italian media now suggest the player in question was Abner Felipe Souza De Almeida, a 17-year-old left-back at Brazilian club Coritiba.
He had been heavily linked with Manchester City, but Sky Sport Italia claim Roma got there instead with €5m for 60 per cent of his contract, leaving the other 40 per cent to Coritiba.
Abner would not arrive in Italy until 2014, either in January or over the summer.
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition  - £11,000 to be won monthly!