Despite reports that a deal has been agreed, Lazio President Claudio Lotito has rubbished suggestions that Hernanes will leave for Inter.
Sport Mediaset claimed earlier on Wednesday that the two clubs had come to an accord regarding the transfer of the Brazilian playmaker.
It was believed that the deal would see the Nerazzurri pay €10m for the trequartista, with Senegalese youngster Ibrahima Mbaye going the other way.
However, the capital side’s chief has said that is not the case.
“I have never put Hernanes up for sale,” Lotito told Radio Radio. “And I have no intention of doing so.
“We want to keep hold of him. But if he wants to leave, then he has to tell us so.”
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's World Cup tipster competition  - £10,000 to be won!