Carlos Tevez says he didn’t expect to be so decisive for Juventus in his first year, as he reflects on where the League is won and lost.
The Bianconeri have seen goals from their No 10 decide games just this week against Catania and Parma, in a campaign that has so far yielded 18 League strikes for the forward.
It is an impact that the 30-year-old says he did not expect to have.
“In truth, I did not think so, I only had in mind to do my job, this is the first year in Italy, too,” Tevez has considered to La Stampa.
“It is a very difficult championship. We played Catania in almost a climate of war, whilst it has been hard against Parma.
“These are games that allow you to win championships - the classics against Napoli, Milan and Inter also count, but playing and winning battles like those of last Sunday in Sicily is really important.”
Tevez is set for a summer away from football, as Alejandro Sabella looks unlikely to call him up to Argentina’s World Cup squad.
“We always talk about the national team, but I think just to doing my job. It is not me who decides, it is up to the Coach, Sabella.
“I will not say any more, I do not answer Argentine journalists and I do not take phone calls. I do not think it is the case that a player should call the Coach.”
Tevez was also asked about the man right behind him in the scoring charts, who he has had previous run-ins with but is rumoured as set to return to Juventus for next season, Ciro Immobile.
“He is proving to be a great player, it is not easy to score 17 goals in Italy. He is doing very well, it is clear that he deserves to wear this shirt.”
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition  - £11,000 to be won monthly!