Bologna have confirmed Miguel Angel Britos is “99 per cent a Napoli player. Walter Mazzarri pushed for his signature.”
On Thursday the advanced negotiations were made public, but it seems the two clubs have clinched a deal.
“We cannot make it official yet, as we wait for Aurelio De Laurentiis to do that, but we are very close,” Bologna Vice-President Maurizio Setti told Radio Kiss Kiss.
“I'd say that Britos is 99 per cent a Napoli player. The other 1 per cent will be put in place by De Laurentiis, as is only right.”
It's believed the defender will complete the transfer for €10m, although the sum will be reduced by the inclusion of players such as Salvatore Aronica or Jose Sosa.
“I can say Aronica was suggested as a hypothesis, but I'll let the Napoli President reveal exactly how the negotiations have concluded.
“Will a Napoli player be wearing the Bologna shirt this season? We hope so...
“I don't think there will be an official announcement until at least Monday, even though there are only the smallest details to finalise. Basically all sides agree with this move.
“Britos is very strong in the air and reaching his sporting maturity, so he has the right head and legs to face up to the big stages.
“Mazzarri pushed for his signature, so De Laurentiis gave him a great gift.”
Think you know your Italian football? Share your knowledge, tips and comments to win cash prizes in OLBG's tipster competition  - £11,000 to be won monthly!