NEWS
Monday September 19 2016
Gabbiadini set for Napoli extension?

It is reported that Manolo Gabbiadini is close to signing a contract extension with Napoli.

The forward has been a Partenopei player since 2015, when he moved to San Paolo from Sampdoria.

He scored nine goals in 30 appearances in all competitions last season and played 60 minutes in Saturday’s 3-1 victory over Bologna.

According to Gazzetta Dello Sport, the 24-year-old will sign a new deal until 2021 on wages of €2.5m a season.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
Follow the stars and start making more informed bets with StrataBet.
Sign Up for FREE now!
NEWS
Tuesday October 6 2015
'Gabbiadini could quit Napoli'

Former Atalanta director Pierpaolo Marino believes Manolo Gabbiadini could leave Napoli in January.

The striker joined from Sampdoria in January 2015, but has struggled for playing time under both Rafa Benitez and Maurizio Sarri.

“If Napoli are fighting for the Scudetto in January, then Manolo will stay,” Marino told Piuenne.

“Otherwise, I fear Gabbiadini will push to be sold.”

The forward has been consistently linked with Inter.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
Follow the stars and start making more informed bets with StrataBet.
Sign Up for FREE now!
NEWS
Sunday September 6 2015
Gabbiadini and Hamsik bids rejected

It’s reported Napoli rejected Inter’s €20m offer for Manolo Gabbiadini, but would’ve sold Marek Hamsik to Juventus for €35m.

The Partenopei held firm with their star players over the summer.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, President Aurelio De Laurentiis told Inter to forget about Gabbiadini even after a €20m bid.

Tuttosport insists Juventus were much closer to snatching Hamsik than previously thought.

The Turin-based newspaper maintains Napoli would’ve sold their captain for €35m.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
Follow the stars and start making more informed bets with StrataBet.
Sign Up for FREE now!
BLOG ITALIA
Sunday September 6 2015
Pt2: Assessing Italy's youth

Italy must reshape its roster to regain international success. In part two of his analysis, Vincent van Genechten evaluates the new breed of strikers.

STRIKERS

Lorenzo Insigne (24, Napoli)

Insigne made his way through the youth ranks at Napoli and had very successful loans at Foggia and Pescara. The winger scored 37 goals in only two seasons and returned to the Partenopei in 2012. In three Serie A campaigns Insigne sits at 10 goals and an impressive 21 assists. He hasn’t made the expected big bang as he’s only played six times for the Azzurri, but he’s developed into a very good player for a strong Serie A side, being valued at €15m.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Keep up to date with the latest news and action from Spain's Primera Division with Football Espana - from the team behind Football Italia.

NEWS
Friday September 4 2015
Gabbiadini past Azzurri injury

Napoli are relieved as Manolo Gabbiadini's knock against Malta proves to be of no consequence.

The international striker, signed last January by the Partenopei from Sampdoria, had been subbed off Italy's last game after a rough contact.

However Napoli's Twitter profile confirmed today that the contusion to his calf was of no consequence, and the player is back in training with the Azzurri today.

He will be available for Italy's upcoming game against Bulgaria the day after tomorrow.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
Follow the stars and start making more informed bets with StrataBet.
Sign Up for FREE now!
NEWS
Saturday August 29 2015
Sarri: 'Napoli mental block'

Maurizio Sarri said Napoli have to break through “a mental block” against Sampdoria after an opening defeat.

It kicks off at the Stadio San Paolo on Sunday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), click here for a match preview.

“I don’t think the problems are physical, as you can’t run out of gas after 20 minutes,” said the Coach after their 2-1 loss to Sassuolo.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
Follow the stars and start making more informed bets with StrataBet.
Sign Up for FREE now!
NEWS
Wednesday August 19 2015
Kovacic brings Inter two strikers?

The departure of Mateo Kovacic to Real Madrid unleashes Inter on the mercato as Roberto Mancini reportedly wants two strikers.

The Croatian's sale to the Merengues was relatively sudden, and it left the Nerazzurri with limited options going forward.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Coach Mancini is now asking for two top-level strikers to fill the gap.

The main target is still Wolfsburg's Ivan Perisic, and the offer has apparently been raised.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
Follow the stars and start making more informed bets with StrataBet.
Sign Up for FREE now!
NEWS
Saturday August 8 2015
Gabbiadini agent 'should shut up'

Aurelio De Laurentiis told Manolo Gabbiadini’s agent to “keep his mouth shut” after controversy with Napoli.

This week the striker’s representative complained that if he was going to be on the bench, he may as well leave the Stadio San Paolo.

“I am not surprised, as in football people talk too much,” explained President De Laurentiis on Sky Sport Italia.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
Follow the stars and start making more informed bets with StrataBet.
Sign Up for FREE now!
NEWS
Thursday August 6 2015
Gabbiadini stays, Maksimovic close?

Manolo Gabbiadini will reportedly remain at Napoli despite rumours of unrest, while the club are closing on Torino defender Nikola Maksimovic. 

Gabbiadini’s agent Silvio Pagliari had warned on Tuesday that the Partenopei could lose the forward if he continued to sit on the bench.

But despite reported interest from Inter, Gazzetta dello Sport has today ruled out the 23-year-old’s departure.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
Follow the stars and start making more informed bets with StrataBet.
Sign Up for FREE now!
NEWS
Tuesday August 4 2015

Agent: ‘Don’t bench Gabbiadini’

Manolo Gabbiadini’s agent warns Napoli risk losing the striker if he’s constantly on the bench.

The Italian international joined the Partenopei from Sampdoria in January, and contributed eight goals and an assist in the second half of the season.

Despite this, 12 of his 20 appearances were from the bench, and the player’s representative warns that situation cannot continue this term.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
Follow the stars and start making more informed bets with StrataBet.
Sign Up for FREE now!