NEWS
Sunday September 18 2016
Fabregas linked with Serie A again

Reports in English media are again linking Cesc Fabregas with a January transfer to Serie A.

The 29-year-old has made just three late substitute appearances in the Premier League so far this season for Chelsea, amid speculation he is not wanted by Antonio Conte.

Throughout that time, he has been consistently linked to Italian clubs, with Daily Mirror reporting on Sunday that Juventus, Inter and Milan are all keen on securing his services.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday September 12 2016
Immobile: ‘I’m at right place’

Ciro Immobile believes he is at the right club following the first three games of his Lazio career.

The 26-year-old joined the Biancocelesti over the summer, following difficult spells abroad with Borussia Dortmund and Sevilla.

During an interview after his side’s 1-1 draw at Chievo on Sunday, the forward also discussed Coach Simone Inzaghi and his time away from Serie A.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday September 11 2016
Milan and Juve keen on Fabregas?

English media report that Milan and Juventus will look to sign Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas when the January transfer window opens.

The Spain international is struggling for game time at Stamford Bridge this season, and this is expected to continue due to the hot competition for places in Antonio Conte’s midfield.

According to Daily Express, the Blues’ Italian manager has told Fabregas he will be allowed to leave at the turn of the year, though probably not to another Premier League club.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday August 4 2016
Conte thinking about present

Antonio Conte believes it is pointless to think of what might have been at Juventus, choosing instead to focus on the present.

The 47-year-old was the Old Lady’s boss from 2011-14, winning the Scudetto in each of his three seasons in charge.

The Bianconeri have invested heavily this summer as they look to translate their domination of Italian football to the European arena, but Conte refused to be drawn on whether he would have relished such financial backing in Turin.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday October 20 2015
Conte hearing date set

Italy CT Antonio Conte will face a preliminary hearing over match-fixing links on February 18.

It was revealed in June that the Coach could face trial for alleged sporting fraud, relating to his time at Siena.

Today La Repubblica reports that the preliminary hearing will take place on February 18, 2016, with former Atalanta captain Cristiano Doni and Lazio’s Stefano Mauri also having cases heard.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday October 19 2015
Florenzi: ‘All comes down to Bayer’

Alessandro Florenzi admits the two games against Bayer Leverkusen are crucial for Roma - “we want to have our say.”

The Giallorossi face a Champions League double-header with the German side, the first match of which is tomorrow at the BayArena.

“We didn’t play in the Champions League for a long time, last year we did all we could,” Florenzi said in the pre-match Press conference.

“This year we want to make a leap in quality. Everything is riding on tomorrow and the return. We want to have our say.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday October 16 2015
‘No Derby d’Italia favourites’

Ex-Juventus and Inter Coach Marcello Lippi can’t call the Derby d’Italia - “I don’t think there are favourites in these games.”

The Nerazzurri welcome their old rivals to San Siro on Sunday night, having not beaten them at home since the treble-winning season of 2010.

However, it’s been a slow start for the Old Lady, with many saying a defeat could end their bid for a fifth-consecutive Scudetto, even at this early stage.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday October 14 2015
Matri targets Italy return

Lazio striker Alessandro Matri is targeting a return to the Italy squad, and discusses the Scudetto race.

The forward is on loan at the Biancocelesti from Milan, but hasn’t featured in Serie A since the 5-0 defeat to Napoli on September 20, as he struggled with injury.

“I’m ready to start again,” Matri assured Premium Sport.

“For the last two weeks I’ve been training with the squad. I know I’m here on loan, and I want to prove myself and do well.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
BLOG ITALIA
Wednesday October 14 2015
Where do Italy go from here?

There’s no question the Azzurri are in transition, but Edo Dalmonte sees light at the end of the tunnel.

It’s tough to talk about La Nazionale these days. There are very few certainties, after an up-and-down qualifying campaign.

Our imaginary Azzurri building blocks are full of red flags. Italy are unbeaten in fifty qualifiers? Sure, against the likes of Bulgaria and Malta. Giorgio Chiellini and Leonardo Bonucci still make elementary mistakes in an Azzurri shirt. Marco Verratti still has developing to do.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Keep up to date with the latest news and action from Spain's Primera Division with Football Espana - from the team behind Football Italia.

NEWS
Wednesday October 14 2015
Zach: ‘Great job by Conte’

Alberto Zaccheroni believes Italy CT Antonio Conte has done “a great job” so far.

The Azzurri won their qualifying group for Euro 2016 ahead of Norway and Croatia, and the former Milan Coach thinks they’re on the right path.

“This is a national team with a good spirit, regardless of who plays,” Zaccheroni explained to Gianluca Di Marzio’s website.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds