NEWS
Tuesday January 9 2018
Conte: ‘Won’t forget Mourinho words’

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte warns “I won’t forget” Jose Mourinho’s jibe about his ban for failure to report match fixing.

A war of words exploded between the pair last week, with the former Italy CT claiming the ex Inter Coach had “senile dementia”.

Mourinho then hit back, saying “yes, I made mistakes in the past, yes I will make less but I think I will still make a few… what never happened to me, and what will never happen, is to be suspended for match fixing”.

Conte responded by saying the Portuguese was “a little, little man” and he was asked in today’s Press conference if he regretted what had gone on.

“I have this look, [is this the look of] a person that regrets?” the Blues boss asked.

“I don’t think so. I think we both said things and we’ll see what happens in the future.

“I think it’s not important. I think that he said serious words, he used serious words and I… I won’t forget this.

“This is not a problem for the clubs. It’s a problem between me and him.”

Conte was given a four-match ban in 2012 for failing to report match fixing when he was in charge of Siena.

While the then Juventus Coach always affirmed his innocence, he took the advice of his legal team to take a plea bargain and settle for a three-month ban.

However, a 10-month ban was handed down instead, with Conte launching an appeal and seeing the sentence reduced to four months.

The same incident was tried in criminal court, and Conte was cleared of any wrongdoing in April 2016.

After his ban was reduced in 2012, the Bianconeri boss addressed the media in a furious Press conference which you can watch below.