NEWS
Monday February 26 2018
Sarri: No contest after 2-0, Milik…

Maurizio Sarri confesses “there was no longer a contest” after Napoli went 2-0 up at Cagliari and confirms Arkadiusz Milik is “very close” to returning.

Sarri’s Napoli enjoyed one-way traffic after their second goal as they ended up hammering Cagliari 5-0 on Monday, while Milik had been backed to make his comeback from a second ACL injury in the space of a year this weekend against Roma.

“Suffering? I honestly saw little of it. Cagliari were in the game until we scored our first goal,” the Coach told Premium Sport after the game.

“In terms of physicality, they were superior, but we did quite well defensively. After 2-0, there was no longer a contest.

“Everyone said that playing before wasn’t an advantage, and now I don’t think it is for us.

“I said that Juve always won, so playing before them would put pressure on us. What I said was mathematical, referring to the probability of always playing after.

“Juve are a great team, who have infinite qualities. Certainly, we’ll find something to improve on after we look back at the game.

“When a team do very well for a long spell, credit must be divided. Most of it goes to the players, who have made themselves available to the team.

“The feeling with the sporting director is also important. Milik? In my opinion, he’s looking very good.

“The lad’s a little uncertain about whether he’s ready to return to the field, but he made a good impression this week. I think he’s very close to getting some minutes.

“Can we get to 100 points? It’s in God’s hands! We started this journey from 63 points, we’ve always improved, but we don’t know if we can get there or not. It’s unknown territory for us.

“I always tell the lads there are 12 games left and that we have to win 11 and draw one.”

See the latest Serie A predictions and betting tips with Eurotips.co.uk