Mayor Virginia Raggi has assured that ‘we’ll proceed with Roma’s new stadium’ after a period of quiet.
The Stadio dello Roma project was given the all-clear at the end of last year, but it was then held up by the arrest of nine people linked to the arena’s construction, among them contractor Luca Parnasi.
Little has been said about the stadium in the months that have passed, but Raggi told reporters on Monday: “Unless there’s a disaster of epochal proportions, which I can exclude because all the appropriate bodies have given the OK, we’ll proceed with the project, possibly making the necessary changes.”
CalcioNews24 adds Giallorossi President James Pallotta is expected in the capital this week to discuss the venue’s next steps.
See the latest Serie A predictions and betting tips with Eurotips.co.uk