Wednesday October 10 2018
Report: Paqueta having Milan medical

Lucas Paqueta is reportedly already undergoing a medical with Milan doctors today after agreeing a €35m transfer with Flamengo.

The deal was apparently struck overnight, claim Globo Esporte, and that same source now suggests the 21-year-old is having a medical today.

The tests are being performed in a clinic in Barra de Tijuca, with two Milan medical staff present.

Of the €35m fee, 70 per cent will go to Flamengo, with the other 30 per cent split between the striker and his agency Brazil Soccer.

He’ll sign a five-year contract to June 2023.

Paqueta is due to arrive in Italy in January, beating competition from Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain.

The negotiations were dealt with in person by Milan director Leonardo, who was brought in specifically for his strong links with South American football.

This €35m plus bonuses fee makes Paqueta the most expensive player to leave Brazil for Serie A, more than the likes of Gabigol, Alexandre Pato and Kaka.

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: