Aurelio De Laurentiis and Ivan Gazidis have elected as European Club Association (ECA) representatives on the UEFA Club Competitions Committee.
De Laurentiis is already the chairman of the Marketing and Communication Working Group at the ECA, and his influence has now been extended to UEFA.
The Napoli President is joined by Milan CEO Gazidis, who remains with the ECA and UEFA after he lost executive roles with both organisations.
As per UEFA’s official website, the Club Competitions Committee following the following activities:
1. Exchanges views on the current UEFA club competitions;
2. Draws up recommendations regarding possible modifications to the existing UEFA club competitions and to the regulations governing these competitions;
3. Assists in the process of selecting the venues for the UEFA club competitions Finals;
4. Sets scheduling principles in case of clashes of stadiums and/or cities;
5. Proposes models for the distribution of club competition revenues;
6. Monitors the preparation and completion of the various phases of the competitions;
7. Assists in defining the draw principles and monitors the preparation and conducting of draws.