Only six players have participated in Serie A before turning 18 in 2019-20 and Inter have two players on the list, but not the youngest.
Atalanta winger Amad Traore beat Inter forward Sebastiano Esposito by eight days when he became the youngest player to appear in Serie A 2019-20 last October.
Nerazzurri forward Esposito has encouraged the youth players in Italy to ‘dream big’ after winning two awards by La Giovane Italia.
But the Italy Under-17 goalscorer is not the youngest to appear in the League this term, as Traore appeared in Atalanta’s 7-1 thrashing of Udinese on October 27, scoring on his League debut and becoming the first player born in 2002 to score a Serie A goal.
His three-years older brother Hamed Traore has played 20 games for Sassuolo this season and The Sun claims the Ivorian siblings have appeared on Premier League side Arsenal's radar.
At Inter, Esposito is not the only Under-17 who has been introduced by Antonio Conte, with Lucien Agoume playing on December 15 in a 1-1 draw against Fiorentina at the Artemio Franchi.
There are six players who have emerged before turning 18 in Serie A 2019-20, including Eddie Salcedo, who made his debut at 15 whilst at Genoa in August 2017.
Under-17’s in Serie A 2019-20:
1. Amad Traore (Atalanta) – 17 years, three months and 16 days
2. Sebastiano Esposito (Inter) – 17 years, three months and 24 days
3. Andrea Papetti (Brescia) – 17 years, eight months and six days
4. Lucien Agoume (Inter) – 17 years, 10 months and six days
5. Denilho Cleonise (Genoa) – 17 years, 11 months and one day
6. Eddie Salcedo (Hellas Verona) – 17 years, 11 months and 29 days
Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow