Gremio President Romildo Bolzan Jr insists they ‘have not received any formal offer’ for winger Everton, despite reports of a €25m Napoli bid.
The Partenopei are not the only side interested in signing Everton Sousa Soares, as he is also a target for Carlo Ancelotti’s Premier League side Everton.
The 24-year-old has a €60m release clause in his contract, but could be allowed to leave for far less over the summer.
“Once again, I am forced to tell you that this story is not the truth,” Gremio President Bolzan told Radio Marte.
“Gremio have so far not received any formal offer to purchase Everton.”
Bolzan had spoken to the same Naples-based radio station on April 9 and was asked about the Toffees.
“There was some contact, primarily between Ancelotti and the player, but then the club pulled back before making a genuine offer. From what I was told, it was due to some Financial Fair Play problems that Everton were going through at that time.”
Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow