NEWS
Monday December 14 2020
Nedved: 'Juve must face Porto with conviction'

Juventus are drawn FC Porto in the last 16 of the Champions League and Vice-President Pavel Nedved expects two ‘difficult games’.

The 48-year-old said Juventus are happy to have reached the knockout stages as group winners, but he stressed that all teams remaining in the competition can provide a stern test for the Bianconeri.

The former winger pointed out that Juventus were eliminated by Olympique Lyonnais in the last 16 in 2019-20.

“It’s nice to reach the second phase, but it’s also a very difficult one to face,” Nedved told the club’s official website.

“Everyone can put you in difficulty. In this phase of the Champions League it’s tight, all the opponents are strong and we saw it last year, when we went out against Lyon.”

Nedved said Juventus must show the same determination against FC Porto as they did against Barcelona in the last round of fixtures.

“I know their coach Sergio Conceicao well, he was a teammate of mine and plays with a very organised 3-5-2.

“They will be two very difficult games. We could be favourites, but the point is to get to those games in great shape.

“We must face Porto as we did with Barcelona at Camp Nou. With conviction and the will to play our football.”