NEWS
Monday December 14 2020
Dybala extension: what’s the offer Agnelli is talking about

Andrea Agnelli has claimed Juventus offered a contract extension to Paulo Dybala and Football Italia can reveal the details of the Old Lady's proposal.

The contract of the Argentinean striker expires in 2022 and Dybala said on Sunday he hasn’t received an offer to extend his stay at the club.

“My agent was in Turin for a long time and was never called up,” he said.

“It disappoints me to hear talk of invested financial figures. It would be better if the truth could be told, because talking about those figures in the current situation pits the fans against me, with all the love I have for Juventus.”

Agnelli’s reply came thick and fast.

"I know he has already received a proposal that would put him among the top twenty most paid players in Europe,” the Old Lady’s president said during the Golden Boy award on Monday.

“We’re looking forward to his response, the most important thing is to see his answer on the pitch. We all want him to be one of the top five players in Europe, he’s still not among them and he is aware of it."

Sources have told Football Italia the offer made by Juventus is the same one the club had placed in the summer, below €10m-a-year, bonus included. Dybala has already rejected the club's offer.

Dybala currently earns €7m-a-year and would like to double his salary becoming Juventus’ second highest earner after Cristiano Ronaldo.

La Joya scored his first Serie A goal this season against Genoa on Sunday. He has two goals in 12 appearances in all competitions in the current campaign so far.