NEWS
Wednesday January 13 2021
Bologna: Sabatini defends Saputo

Bologna Technical Director Walter Sabatini defends Chairman Joey Saputo and says Milan are not interested in Mattias Svanberg.

The 22-year-old had been linked with a move to the San Siro in January.

“Bologna don’t want to sell him and Milan have never asked information about him,” Sabatini told Sky Sport.

“There are many clubs interested, but not Milan. Bologna’s best players are not for sale, it is a precise indication of President Saputo.”

The Rossoblu are without a win in the last eight Serie A games and Saputo has been criticised by fans with a banner unveiled outside the Stadio Dall’Ara in December.

"Saputo, restructure the club before the stadium,” it read.

“Fans are not happy with results. The President’s qualities have been put into question, but Bologna’s results are not his responsibility,” Sabatini claimed.

“It is a disgrace to attack him, whatever happens at the club is never his fault. Every year he makes up a substantial deficit, he’s never prevented us to carry out operations.

“That banner annoyed me on a personal level. Saputo is morally above any other person I’ve ever met in my career.

“We are a team made of experienced and young players. I don’t understand mistrust, we’re destined to do well.”