NEWS
Thursday September 10 2015
Preziosi ‘won’t talk to Sabatini’

Genoa President Enrico Preziosi 'won't speak to' Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini again for how he handled the deal for Juan Iturbe.

The winger had reportedly accepted a move to the Grifone in the final days of the transfer window, before Sabatini pulled the plug on the move at the last minute.

The President also ruled out a possible takeover of the club, saying that the reports ‘aren’t true.’

"Iturbe had already said goodbye to Roma and he wanted to play for us against Verona,” Preziosi told Tele Nord.

“I won’t talk to Sabatini anymore and I’d like to hear directly from him in private the reasons behind his decision.

“When I shake hands with someone, they have my word.

“I work only for Genoa and if there were to be a new buyer, the fans will be the first to know directly from me.

“I understand that people are hungry for news on the oldest club in Italy, but the reports aren’t always true.”

See the latest Serie A predictions and betting tips with Eurotips.co.uk