Thursday September 10 2015
Felipe: ‘I can still cut it’

Felipe Dias says ‘I can still cut it in Serie A’ as he returns to Udinese after five years away.

The Brazilian defender was part of the doomed Parma side that went bankrupt last season, but spent the second half of the campaign at Inter.

The 31-year-old was brought up in the Zebrette’s youth system and spent eight seasons at the Friuli between 2002 and 2010.

“I believe I can still cut it in Serie A and I think I showed that at Inter last year,” the defender said at the Press conference for his official unveiling.

“I'm happy with what I've done in my career. I learnt a lot from my time at Parma and I have no regrets.

“There's a lot of quality in this squad, international players and an excellent coach. But our first target is to stay up.

"I'm an experienced player and I think I can lend a hand off the pitch as well. I'm here to help the Coach however he wants.

"The new stadium is magnificent! Having the fans so close will help us to win games.

"I went for number 30 because it's the day I signed my contract.”

Udinese sporting director Cristiano Giaretta was happy to see Felipe back to the club.

“We're delighted to welcome Felipe back,” he said.

“He'll stay with us until 2017.

“Bringing Felipe back here was a purely technical decision. We were after an experienced, quality defender."

Image via Udinese's official Twitter account. 

See the latest Serie A predictions and betting tips with