NEWS
Monday October 19 2015
Inter €45m in the red

Inter have announced a net loss of more than €45m for 2014-15, but President Erick Thohir says ‘we’ve worked well in the market.’

The club announced this morning that they have made a loss of €45.3m over the last year, but non-recurring expenses for previous coaching staff, player contracts on Financial Fair Play obligations reportedly mean the real figure is €74m.

However, Thohir is convinced that the figures show that the club is heading towards a positive future, while discussing a new sponsor.

“The financial results for 2015 show that we are leading the club and our business in the right direction,” he said at a Press conference.

“The commercial revenues are growing and our operating profit (EBITDA) is positive, an important achievement for the club.

“We will continue with our strategy to build a successful team on the field and a solid business off the pitch, of course, aware of the need to respect the parameters of the Financial Fair Play.

“There have been allegations about new sponsors. We worked well in the market. We will make new signings only if the team really needs it, there will be no unnecessary purchases.

“We have built a strong team, the goal is the Champions League.  We are sure to meet the obligations imposed by UEFA.

“We believe in the Mancini’s project - we have some weaknesses, but we will grow.”