NEWS
Thursday November 5 2015
Insigne: ‘I’ve apologised to everyone’

Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne says he has ‘apologised to everyone’ for his reaction to being substituted against Palermo last week.

The forward had an angry outburst to being brought off in their 2-0 win, but says everything is now fine after beating Midtjylland 5-0.

The Partenopei’s comfortable win saw them confirm a place in the Europa League last 32 with two games to spare.

"We played a great game as a team. If we continue like this we can go all the way,” he told Sky Sport.

“I’m doing well, I feel at ease. We play wherever the Coach asks us to, we are at his complete disposal.

“I have always given my availability to Sarri, I can also play on the right, but he decides.

“The important thing is that one gives their best for the team.

“My role has changed since last year. I wasn’t playing in my ideal role for a while, this new position also helps me in the goalscoring phase.

“The faith of the Coach and the formation in which I have always played are contributing to my good performances.

“The Coach wants us to always attack the ball. Benitez, as I’ve already said, helped me in the defensive phases.

"I don’t want controversy, but all these knee injuries aren’t random.  Opponents always aim there.

“My reaction? I have already cleared it up with the Coach, I apologised to everyone and now I apologise to all the fans, who have applauded me and I didn’t reciprocate."