NEWS
Monday November 9 2015
‘Insigne didn’t abandon Azzurri’

Lorenzo Insigne’s agent says he ‘didn’t abandon Italy’ after Antonio Conte left him out of the Azzurri squad.

The Napoli forward left the Italy squad during the last international break due to injury and it has been suggested that Conte’s snub is a punishment for the incident.

There was believed to be an altercation between Conte and Partenopei President Aurelio De Laurentiis after the injury in October.

Conte said at today’s Press conference that Insigne had been left out as a ‘technical choice’, despite the 24-year-old’s impressive start to the season.

“Lorenzo certainly didn’t abandon the National team’s training camp, because there was an agreement between Napoli and the Azzurri,” Insigne’s agent Antonio Ottaiano told Tuttomercatoweb.

“The parties asked for advice and the boy understood that he couldn’t be present for the matches.

“A technical choice of Conte to not call him up? We don’t want to enter into the matter, we can hope that it is only to assess other players during friendly matches.”