NEWS
Monday November 23 2015
Ancelotti: ‘Madrid return, why not?’

Carlo Ancelotti refuses to rule out a return to the Real Madrid bench and discusses the current crisis at the Bernabeu.

The former Milan Coach was sacked by the Merengues in the summer and replaced by former Napoli boss Rafa Benitez.

However, a 4-0 defeat to Barcelona in El Clasico on Saturday has put pressure on the Spaniard and Ancelotti gave his take on the situation.

"The crisis at Real Madrid? Let’s be slow with our judgments because we are just at the beginning, the Real players have the ability to revive the situation,” he told Radio Anch’io lo Sport.

“Real suffered against a really strong Barcelona. Benitez? It’s difficult to judge from the outside.

“From watching the game, they suffered most on the tactical level. Every Coach has his own ideas and it’s good that, for better or for worse, he takes them forward.

“Benitez-Ronaldo crisis? I spoke with Ronaldo last week, he never said he had a bad relationship with the Coach.

“He tows the line and always tries to help his team. When things aren’t going well, it’s obvious that the forwards have to suffer most.

“If Perez called me back to Real Madrid? I decided to take a year off, I already told you. Many teams have tried for me but I preferred to stay away for a year.

“Start again with Real after a year? Why not, likewise I could start over at PSG or Chelsea.”

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow