NEWS
Friday January 15 2016
Milan: 'El Shaarawy and Cerci blocked'

Milan's joint-CEO Adriano Galliani says that Stephan El Shaarawy's move to Roma and Alessio Cerci's to Atletico Madrid are blocked.

The transfer mogul for the Rossoneri was present at the offices of the Lega Calcio today, and he discussed with the Press the numerous players involved in possible transfer deals.

He began with Luiz Adriano, who is linked to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning.

“To move to China you need the Visa and that will take a few days,” he said, as reported by MilanNews.it. “It's just going to take a little bit of patience, but there are no problems.

“Luiz Adriano is an excellent player, but we're covered even without him, because we have [Carlos] Bacca, [Mario] Balotelli, [Jeremy] Menez and [Kevin-Prince] Boateng.

“El Shaarawy is a Monaco player and they must keep him until June 30 unless we come to an agreement. The negotiations with Roma are blocked. Stephan could return with us if Cerci leaves, otherwise we'd be overcrowded.

“As for Cerci, we gave the green light for his transfer to Genoa. The player agreed and Atletico Madrid are in complete agreement too.

“But we don't have an ok from the Qatari fund [that owns part of Cerci]. They have the right to say no. If they don't approve, Cerci will stay with us.”

Finally, Galliani discussed Mario Balotelli and Jeremy Menez, who have been sidelined with injury for several weeks.

“They must be considered as new signings because they never played. Balotelli only had a few games, while Menez, who was our top scorer last year, never took to the pitch.”