NEWS
Friday June 17 2016
Spanish Press deny Barca-Insigne

Spanish reports deny claims by Napoli star Lorenzo Insigne's agent that he is being targeted by Barcelona.

The 25-year-old, currently representing Italy at Euro 2016, had been touted for a move to the Catalan club by some elements in the Neapolitan media.

The reports followed after statements by the player's agent, who said a salary increase was expected if the interest of foreign clubs such as Barcelona were to be kept at bay.

But El Mundo Deportivo rubbished these reports, claiming that the Blaugrana's scouts had examined Insigne months ago and decided he was not going to be pursued.

The Liga club is said not to have changed their mind on this, as Insigne is not a target and won't be, in spite of alleged claims that Napoli would sell him for €25m.

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £9.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://www.premiersports.com/subscribenow