Gianluigi Buffon has been named the best goalkeeper of the 21st Century by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics.
The IFFHS collects data from all over the world and collates them, including the monthly ranking of clubs.
Italy and Juventus shot-stopper Buffon has emerged as the best goalkeeper of the 21st Century, beating Spain’s Iker Casillas and Chelsea man Petr Cech.
Recently, the IFFHS also named Buffon the best goalkeeper of the last 25 years.
Other familiar faces to Serie A in the top 10 include former Juventus goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar, ex-Milan man Nelson Dida and current Inter star Julio Cesar.
IFFHS Goalkeepers of the 21st Century
1) Gianluigi Buffon (ITA) 199 points
2) Iker Casillas (SPA) 197 points
3) Petr Cech (CZE) 154 points
4) Edwin Van Der Sar (NED) 116 points
5) Oliver Kahn (GER) 99 points
6) Nelson Dida (BRA) 90 points
7) Victor Valdes (SPA) 82 points
8) Julio Cesar (BRA) 76 points
9) Jens Lehmann (GER) 72 points
10) Roberto Carlos (ARG) 68 points
Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/