NEWS
Monday May 30 2011
No Genoa return for Milito

Diego Milito has dismissed speculation that he could return to Genoa this summer by committing himself to Inter.

Milito has been linked with a third spell at Marassi after his most recent campaign in Milan was hampered by form and fitness issues.

However, after last night's 3-1 win over Palermo in the Coppa Italia, the Argentine says he's staying a Nerazzurro.

"I'm not even thinking about leaving Inter," Milito, who scored the third in the Cup Final, told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday April 29 2011
Milito to Genoa 'impossible'

Genoa chief Enrico Preziosi has dismissed reports that he will sign Diego Milito from Inter this summer.

Although the President has admitted that he'd like to net the Argentine, he insists the move is virtually impossible.

"It's science fiction, something improbable," he revealed. "Milito loves the city and Genoa, but the operation is not possible for us."

Preziosi has already signed the striker on two occasions in the past before selling him to Inter in the summer of 2009.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday April 28 2011
Genoa to bring back Milito?

Genoa President Enrico Preziosi has revealed his ambition to bring Inter striker Diego Milito back to the club for a third stint.

The Argentina international is an idol at Marassi and holds the club very close to his heart.

Milito is now 31 and has seen his season blighted by injury.

However, it's thought that he will stay at Inter beyond the summer.

Asked if there is a chance of Milito playing for Genoa again, Preziosi said: "I would like that a lot.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday April 27 2011
Maicon and Milito sold for Sanchez?

Inter are said to be using Douglas Maicon, Diego Milito and Davide Santon in order to sign Udinese's €30m-rated Alexis Sanchez.

The Nerazzurri have never disguised the fact they want the Chilean talent, who is also a target for the likes of Manchester United, Juventus, Manchester City and Barcelona.

Newspaper Leggo suggests the money will be raised in several different ways to beat the opposition.

First of all, Inter are prepared to sell Maicon and Milito in the summer, as both have reached their 30s and disappointed so far this season.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday April 14 2011
Milito: Too much desire to win

Diego Milito feels Inter were eliminated from the Champions League because they showed too much desire to win.

Inter lost the home leg to Schalke 5-2 even though they took the lead on two occasions.

Many have criticised Leonardo for not managing the game properly.

"We compromised our qualification in the first leg," Milito said. "There were too many mistakes on that evening.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday April 5 2011
Milito to start for Inter

Diego Milito is expected to start when Inter take on Schalke in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final at San Siro this evening.

The 31-year-old hasn't started in the Champions League since Inter's 2-2 draw with FC Twente back in September.

Milito has suffered a recurring muscle injury this season, which has restricted the Argentina international to just 13 starts in Serie A.

He was back available again for the Derby della Madonnina at the weekend and made a substitute's appearance in a heavy 3-0 defeat.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday April 4 2011
Milito respects strong Schalke

Diego Milito insists that his Inter side are now just focused on tomorrow's game against Schalke following the 3-0 derby defeat to Milan.

The Nerazzurri return to action at San Siro on Tuesday when they face the Bundesliga outfit in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final.

"We want to play a great game tomorrow and win," said the Argentine striker. "We'll look to be protagonists, as always, especially after a loss.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday March 31 2011
Milito ready for derby

Diego Milito has declared himself fit to play in Saturday's potentially title-deciding Derby against Milan.

Inter can leapfrog Milan and take the lead in Serie A with a win at San Siro.

Speaking to Il Corriere della Sera, Milito said: "Now I'm fine. The injury has been overcome. We hope nothing more happens to me. I have worked well in the last 20 days.

"I am thinking about being ready to return. Leonardo needs to answer that question. He will judge. He will decide. There are three games to play between April 2 and 9. We'll see.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday March 30 2011
Milito fit for the bench

Inter striker Diego Milito is likely to be fit enough to start on the bench when his side take on Milan in the Derby della Madonnina on Saturday.

The Argentina international has been out since February 6 with a recurring muscle injury and is almost ready to make his comeback.

Milito played in a training match at Appiano Gentile on Tuesday and came through it unscathed much to his relief and that of the club's medical staff.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday March 17 2011
Milito set for Inter comeback?

Diego Milito looks ready for his Inter comeback against Lecce, while Javier Zanetti also returns.

Milito was among the stand-out stars of last season's Treble campaign, scoring in the Champions League and Coppa Italia Finals as well as the decisive Scudetto victory.

He has been wracked by muscular problems this season and barely featured, managing just 22 games in all competition.

His most recent appearance was in the 5-3 win over Roma on February 6, but Il Principe should be back this weekend.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds