NEWS
Monday August 18 2014
Diamanti: No China regrets

Alessandro Diamanti has no regrets about leaving Italy to sign for Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande.

The playmaker missed out on a place in Cesare Prandelli’s World Cup squad after leaving Bologna to join the Asian outfit.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday July 18 2014
Gilardino: Lippi, Diamanti help

Alberto Gilardino has commented on how familiar faces at Guangzhou Evergrande will help him adapt to life in China.

The Italy international recently completed a move out to the Chinese Super League outfit, where he will work under former Azzurri Coach Marcello Lippi, and pair up once more with former Bologna teammate Alessandro Diamanti.

Briefly reflecting on his new challenge, the 32-year-old concedes that having his compatriots alongside him could be key.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday July 12 2014
Gila: 'Gasperini wanted me out'

Alberto Gilardino blasted “crazy” Gian Piero Gasperini and Cesare Prandelli for pushing him towards Guangzhou Evergrande.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday June 11 2014
Diamanti happy in China

Alessandro Diamanti is happy playing for Guangzhou Evergrande, insisting by moving there he couldn’t have made a better choice.

The 31-year-old joined the Chinese outfit, coached by Marcello Lippi, in January from Bologna and is delighted he did so.

In an interview with Radio Deejay, the attacking-midfielder also discussed Italy’s World Cup chances but said he has had no communication with Cesare Prandelli.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday May 15 2014
Diamanti blames Bologna patron

Alessandro Diamanti targeted the blame for Bologna’s relegation and insisted playing in China didn’t ruin his World Cup chances.

The creative midfielder left Bologna for Marcello Lippi’s Guangzhou Evergrande in February and is not included in Italy’s provisional 30-man World Cup squad.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday May 8 2014
Prandelli: Five strikers, no certainties

Cesare Prandelli has reiterated that no-one is guaranteed a spot in his Italy squad, as he confirms he will select seven strikers next week for five places.

The Azzurri’s 30-man provisional squad for the World Cup must be handed to FIFA by next Tuesday and most attention is focused on who the CT will list in the attacking positions.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
BLOG ITALIA
Friday April 18 2014
World Cup Squad Selector: Diamanti

As Alessandro Diamanti admits that he is struggling with the climate in China, Mark Siglioccolo asks if he can handle the heat in Brazil.

Looking at his statistics for the season, there is certainly a case to be made for Alessandro Diamanti to be taken to the World Cup. Ten goals and nine assists in 31 appearances, spanning across four competitions and two national Leagues, is not to be sniffed at.

NEWS
Wednesday April 16 2014
Diamanti: Chinese League tough

Alessandro Diamanti says the Chinese Super League has proven more competitive than he could ever have imagined.

The 30-year-old joined Marcello Lippi’s Guangzhou Evergrande from Bologna in January and is pleased to have found it relatively easy to adapt to life in the Far East.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday April 7 2014
‘Bologna need one win’

Alessandro Diamanti believes one more win for his former Bologna teammates could be enough to keep them in Serie A.

The 30-year-old, now at Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande, also believes the Rossoblu’s 2-2 draw with Inter will provide them with a major confidence boost.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday March 16 2014
VIDEO: Diamanti's England joy

Alessandro Diamanti is enjoying Guangzhou Evergrande and in a video interview looks forward to facing England again.

The former Bologna man moved to China last month and has been scoring regularly for Marcello Lippi’s team.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds