NEWS
Saturday October 14 2017
Napoli won't let Ghoulam go

Napoli continue contract negotiations with Faouzi Ghoulam and could settle on a €30m clause, but won’t sell to Manchester City in January.

The Algeria international left-back will be out of contract in June 2018, so the Partenopei run the genuine risk of losing him for nothing at the end of the season.

According to Rai Sport, the club has no intention of parting with Ghoulam in the January transfer window, especially to the side they face in the Champions League next week.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday October 12 2017
Pellegri 'a young Ibrahimovic'

Genoa’s 16-year-old sensation Pietro Pellegri is “a young Zlatan Ibrahimovic,” said his agent, and “it’s not surprising he has been linked with PSG.”

The teenager scored a remarkable three Serie A goals in his first two appearances, which were against Roma and Lazio.

“I am not in contact with anyone at the moment,” agent Giuseppe Riso told Foot Mercato.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday October 12 2017
Lucas: ‘More difficult for Juventus’

Lazio midfielder Lucas Leiva believes “it’ll be harder now” for Saturday’s opponents Juventus to win Serie A.

The Bianconeri have dominated the Italian top flight in recent years, winning six Scudetti in a row, as well as three Coppe Italia on the bounce.

“It’s hard to say if Juventus will still be the dominant team in Italy,” Lucas said, speaking to Goal.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday October 9 2017
Can: ‘Juventus bid an honour’

Emre Can says it was “an honour” to receive an offer from Juventus, but assures he’s focused on Liverpool.

The German international is a well-known target for the Bianconeri, and his contract expires at the end of the current season.

The Old Lady tried to tempt him to Turin in the summer too, and the midfielder was pleased by their interest.

“It's always an honour to receive an offer from such a renowned club,” Can told Kicker.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday October 8 2017
Alberto cites improved mentality

Lazio’s Luis Alberto believes a better mentality has helped him overcome obstacles on the road to becoming a first-team regular.

The 25-year-old was confined to a bit part role in his first season at the Stadio Olimpico, which followed a disappointing spell at Liverpooland two loan moves back to his native Spain.

“For me, compared to last year, everything has completely turned around,” Alberto admitted in an interview with Radio Marca.

“What I needed to do was believe in myself and make myself confident.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday October 8 2017
Juve target Goretzka and Can?

Juventus are reported to be monitoring the situations of both Leon Goretzka and Emre Can.

The German duo have both entered the final year of their respective contracts at Schalke and Liverpool.

According to Tuttosport, Goretzka is at the top of the Old Lady’s hit-list and would be available on a free transfer next June as long as he does not sign a new deal at his current club between now and then.

The same is true of his fellow midfielder Can, who is currently involved in a stand-off over a contract extension at Anfield.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday October 7 2017
Juve fight Liverpool for Solomon

Juventus are ready to challenge Liverpool for Israeli teenage sensation Manor Solomon, according to Calciomercato.it.

The 18-year-old has impressed at Maccabi Petah Tiqwa and was on the bench when Israel played Italy on September 5 for the World Cup qualifiers.

According to the Italian site, Juve are keeping a close eye on the attacking midfielder.

His price-tag is believed to be in the region of €5m and there is already competition from Liverpool.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday October 6 2017
Lucas: ‘Adapting to Lazio’

Lucas Leiva says he’s “in a phase of adaptation” to Italian football which he sees as slower but more tactical than the Premier League.

The midfielder spent 10 seasons at Liverpool before joining Lazio this summer, and he spoke to FoxSports in his native Brazil about his new move.

“I was looking for something new in a new country after so many years in England,” Lucas said.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday October 1 2017
Balotelli: 'I need to be angry'

Mario Balotelli explains why he chose to remain at Nice, his many derbies and the reason Coaches ought to “break my b***s.”

At the age of 27, he seems to have finally found some peace on the French Riviera, including the birth this week of his son, Lion.

His one-year contract with Nice expired over the summer, but he decided to pen a new deal with the Ligue 1 side.

“I stayed because I feel happy here, it’s that simple,” SuperMario told the Nice match programme ahead of tonight’s match with Marseille.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday September 23 2017
Arsenal still want Mertens

Arsenal are targeting Napoli sensation Dries Mertens as a replacement for Alexis Sanchez next summer, claim reports.

According to Calciomercato.com and The Mirror newspaper, the Belgian sensation was already a target before he signed a new contract in May.

It is said to include a relatively low release clause for just €30m.

If Alexis Sanchez does walk away when his contract with Arsenal expires in June 2018, then Mertens is considered an ideal replacement.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds