NEWS
Tuesday July 7 2015
Miele to lead Lega Pro

The new Commissioner of the Lega Pro is Tommaso Miele after a vote of no confidence in Mario Macalli.

After a series of controversies, Macalli was deposed to end his 18-year reign at the top of Italy’s Third Division.

He resigned along with all of his administrators to begin a new era.

Today Miele was elected with a unanimous vote as Commissioner, so will oversee the Lega Pro until a permanent President can be found.

Miele is President of the Association of Magistrates at the Corte dei Conti.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday July 3 2015
Lega Pro chief Macalli resigns

Lega Pro has been thrown into further chaos after President Mario Macalli and the Board resigned. “Football is not my priority.”

Italy’s third division will most likely have a delayed start to the 2015-16 season after a match-fixing scandal and bankruptcies.

The Lega Pro clubs had already passed a vote of no confidence in Macalli and rejected the proposed budget.

On June 25 Macalli was handed a four-month ban for failing to remain impartial in the bankruptcy of Pergocrema and a conflict of interest.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday March 4 2015
Lega Pro-AIC row over Parma

A row erupted between the Players’ Association and President of the Lega Pro Mario Macalli over the Parma crisis.

All Serie A games last weekend started 15 minutes late due to a protest from the AIC (Players’ Association) over the fact nobody at Parma has been paid since July.

“It’s hypocritical and the players should be ashamed of themselves,” said Macalli, President of the Lega Pro – Italy’s third division.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday February 14 2015
Lotito 'used Godfather language'

Ischia director Pino Iodice claims Claudio Lotito used “Godfather language,” criticising Andrea Agnelli, Adriano Galliani and Marcello Nicchi.

Iodice released a taped phone call to the media on Friday, sparking a scandal, but promised he has much worse comments recorded and ready to go.

“There comes a moment when you have to say enough,” Iodice told the Corriere dello Sport.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday February 13 2015
Abodi and Macalli on Lotito call

Andrea Abodi and Mario Macalli replied to Claudio Lotito after a “nauseating” taped phone call on power in football.

The controversy erupted today when La Repubblica released a taped call between Lazio President Lotito and director of Lega Pro team Ischia Isolaverde Pino Iodice.

Lotito told Iodice that current Lega Serie A President Massimo Beretta and Lega Pro President Macalli “decide nothing” in Italian football.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
BLOG ITALIA
Tuesday July 29 2014
Defending the indefensible

FIGC presidential candidate Carlo Tavecchio’s racist gaffe and subsequent denials highlight a worrying side of Italian football, as Luca Persico reports.

“We say that any old Opti Pobà can come here, before he was eating bananas, now he’s playing in the Lazio first XI.”

The more you read it, the worse it gets. Carlo Tavecchio’s analogy to describe the supposed flooding of non-EU players into Italian football could not have been more ill-conceived.

Keep up to date with the latest news and action from Spain's Primera Division with Football Espana - from the team behind Football Italia.

NEWS
Sunday July 27 2014
Albertini candidate for FIGC

Demetrio Albertini has formalised his candidacy for FIGC President as the racism row drags on for Carlo Tavecchio.

Former Vice-President of the Federation Albertini registered the paperwork this afternoon for the election on August 11.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday July 26 2014
Presidents defend Tavecchio

The Lega Serie A and Lega Pro rushed to the defence of FIGC Presidential candidate Carlo Tavecchio in the racism row.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday July 9 2014
Macalli slams Agnelli comments

Lega Pro President Mario Macalli has slammed comments by Andrea Agnelli attacking Cesare Prandelli and Giancarlo Abete.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday June 30 2014
New CT decision faces delay

A decision over who will replace Cesare Prandelli as Italy Coach may not be made until the middle of August.

The Italian Football Federation’s board are due to meet at noon Italian time today, but focus is on a pre-meeting that outgoing President Giancarlo Abete will reportedly call between the Presidents of the various components of Italian football.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds