NEWS
Thursday November 19 2015
Agent: ‘Insigne snub misunderstood’

Lorenzo Insigne’s agent insists his client not being called by Italy was “misinterpreted” by the media.

The Napoli playmaker was not called-up for the friendlies with Belgium and Romania, with some suggesting that the snub was retribution for pulling out of a previous squad with injury.

“It’s normal, that loving his profession, the national team is the pinnacle for him [Insigne] just like any player,” Fabio Andreotti explained to TuttoNapoli.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
BLOG ITALIA
Wednesday November 18 2015
Italy lack guarantees

The two friendlies against Belgium and Romania were far from reassuring, writes Edo Dalmonte.

It’s been almost 18 months since Antonio Conte took over as Italy CT from Cesare Prandelli following a catastrophic World Cup. With only a handful of games left before the Azzurri travel to France, it’s fair to ask ourselves what we know about this team. So far, the answer is very little, and the Azzurri’s 3-1 defeat to Belgium and 2-2 draw against Romania provided us with more questions than answers.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday November 16 2015
Insigne agent: ‘Trust in Conte’

Lorenzo Insigne’s agent trusts in the “professionalism and wisdom” of Italy CT Antonio Conte.

The Napoli playmaker was not called-up for the friendlies with Belgium and Romania, with speculation that he is being punished for withdrawing from the last squad with injury.

“It’s a legitimate question, but for me it’s the effect of the media,” Fabio Andreotti told Radio Crc.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday November 10 2015
Montolivo: ‘Italy needs men’

Italy ‘need men and not just players’ according to Milan’s Riccardo Montolivo, who backs CT Antonio Conte’s selection.

Conte left out on-form pair Lorenzo Insigne and Domenico Berardi from his squad for this weekend’s friendlies and said yesterday that ‘the individual isn’t important.’

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday November 9 2015
‘Insigne didn’t abandon Azzurri’

Lorenzo Insigne’s agent says he ‘didn’t abandon Italy’ after Antonio Conte left him out of the Azzurri squad.

The Napoli forward left the Italy squad during the last international break due to injury and it has been suggested that Conte’s snub is a punishment for the incident.

There was believed to be an altercation between Conte and Partenopei President Aurelio De Laurentiis after the injury in October.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday November 9 2015
Conte: 'Respect Azzurri or get out'

Coach Antonio Conte says that 'those who do not understand the value of the Azzurri shirt are inadequate and inappropriate'.

The Coach recently called up his squad for friendlies against Belgium and Romania. Among the players left out was Napoli's Lorenzo Insigne, in a move that many suspect to be disciplinary.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
BLOG ITALIA
Friday November 6 2015
Napoli contending on three stages

Napoli are going strong due to an impressive amount of depth in the team, writes Vincent Van Genechten.

Napoli have been great in Serie A, but they have been simply amazing in the Europa League. On Thursday, Napoli beat Midtjylland 5-0 at the Stadio San Paolo and qualified for the second round of the tournament after just four games in the group stages.

Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday November 5 2015
Insigne: ‘I’ve apologised to everyone’

Napoli’s Lorenzo Insigne says he has ‘apologised to everyone’ for his reaction to being substituted against Palermo last week.

The forward had an angry outburst to being brought off in their 2-0 win, but says everything is now fine after beating Midtjylland 5-0.

The Partenopei’s comfortable win saw them confirm a place in the Europa League last 32 with two games to spare.

"We played a great game as a team. If we continue like this we can go all the way,” he told Sky Sport.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday October 31 2015
Insigne apologises with pizza

Lorenzo Insigne reportedly apologised to his Napoli teammates in a very Neapolitan way – with pizza.

The striker vented his anger at being substituted in the 2-0 win over Palermo on Wednesday.

Coach Maurizio Sarri said he ought to apologise to the rest of the squad for a lack of respect.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, Insigne did precisely that via a group message on WhatsApp.

He then offered pizza to everyone at the training camp.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday October 30 2015
Napoli drop angry Insigne?

Lorenzo Insigne will reportedly be punished for his outburst, dropping to the bench for Napoli’s trip to Genoa.

The forward vented his irritation at being substituted during Wednesday’s 2-0 victory over Palermo at the Stadio San Paolo.

Coach Maurizio Sarri said Insigne should “apologise to his teammates for the lack of respect.”

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds