NEWS
Wednesday June 6 2018
Nainggolan: Too many ‘yes-men’

Roma’s Radja Nainggolan has slammed the ‘yes-man’ culture in football but admits not going to the World Cup is ‘a really tough blow’ to take.

Nainggolan is considered a leading non-conformist in the game, although his eccentric ways were allegedly behind Roberto Martinez’s decision to overlook him for Belgium’s World Cup squad.

“Not going to the World Cup is a really tough blow for me because I’ve already missed one,” the midfielder told VTM.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday June 4 2018
Lukaku cut from Belgium squad

Lazio wing-back Jordan Lukaku has been cut from Belgium’s final World Cup squad.

Roberto Martinez named a provisional 28-man squad for the tournament, completely leaving out Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan.

The Spaniard had to cut the party down to 23 players today, and Lukaku won’t be going to Russia.

The Aquile player’s brother, Romelu, will be going to the tournament.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday June 3 2018
Nainggolan courts more controversy

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan has been courting controversy again with his comments on gay players and womanising.

The Belgium international was left out of the squad for the 2018 World Cup and many believe it has more to do with his off the field behaviour than performances.

He sat down with Belgian TV Gert Late Night for a ‘late night confessions’ interview and did not hold back.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday May 31 2018
Nainggolan: ‘Martinez wanted excuse’

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan feels Belgium Coach Roberto Martinez “was looking for a reason not to select me”.

The 30-year-old has not been included in the World Cup squad, a decision which has caused him to turn his back on international football.

“Sometimes it’s difficult, particularly because I can see the adverts,” Nainggolan told HLN.

“It hurts, but I look at it positively. Not being called-up means a three week holiday.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday May 29 2018
Mertens: 'Ancelotti very convincing'

Dries Mertens reveals Carlo Ancelotti was “very convincing” on why he should remain at Napoli, but the Belgian is still confused by Maurizio Sarri’s exit.

The Belgian saw his career transformed by a new centre-forward role under Sarri, so is considering his future after the Coach was fired.

“Of course I would like to work with Ancelotti and the new Coach has already called me, so we’ll see,” noted Mertens from the Belgian World Cup training camp.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday May 28 2018
Martinez: ‘Easier to call Nainggolan’

Roberto Martinez admits “it would have been much easier” to call Roma’s Radja Nainggolan to the Belgium squad but “that would have been a big mistake”.

The Giallorossi midfielder has been controversially left out of the squad for World Cup 2018, prompting protests in his homeland and his retirement from international football.

“I knew the decision not to call Nainggolan wouldn’t make me popular,” Martinez told Proximus Sport.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday May 24 2018
Nainggolan: 'I deserved more respect'

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan feels he “deserved more respect” after he was snubbed by Belgium for the 2018 World Cup.

He was left out of the squad by Coach Roberto Martinez, prompting protests from fans.

“I wanted to be there, of course, but he made his choice, even if I’m still not entirely clear on the reasoning behind it,” Nainggolan told VTM Nieuws.

“Not playing the World Cup was a heavy blow, especially as I had already missed one. I have been at Roma for four years and played four very good seasons.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday May 22 2018
Nainggolan: ‘I deserved the World Cup’

Roma's Radja Nainggolan feels he deserved a World Cup call, but thanks Belgium Coach Roberto Martinez for telling him personally that he wouldn’t be going.

It was officially confirmed yesterday that the 30-year-old hasn’t been included in the squad, and he immediately announced his retirement from international football.

“I’ve had enough, my goodbye to the Red Devils is now signed,” Nainggolan told HLN.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday May 21 2018
Belgium fans in Nainggolan petition

Over 10,000 Belgium fans have signed a petition for Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan to be called up for the World Cup.

Nainggolan was controversially overlooked for the World Cup by Belgium boss Roberto Martinez, who has previous with the 29-year-old.

Consequently, one Red Devils supporter opted to take matters into his own hands by petitioning for the Giallorosso to be selected.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday May 21 2018
Nainggolan: ‘Belgium career over’

Roma midfielder Radja Nainggolan admits being left out of the Belgium World Cup squad represents the end of his international career.

The 30-year-old has been left out by Roberto Martinez, who flew out to Italy over the weekend to explain his choice.

“Unfortunately and very reluctantly my international career comes to an end,” Nainggolan wrote on Instagram.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds