NEWS
Thursday December 14 2017
Inter bond receives 'double' offers

Inter released a statement insisting they have received “orders around double the required subscriptions” for their €300m bond.

The announcement of the bond prompted some “head-scratching” from Bloomberg, but the club is confident the deal will help repay the €230m loan to Goldman Sachs, which was taken out by previous owner Erick Thohir in 2014.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday December 14 2017
Oddo: 'Brave Udinese against Inter'

Massimo Oddo wants Udinese to show “courage” against unbeaten Serie A leaders Inter and admires Luciano Spalletti’s experience.

The Friulani have been revitalised since Oddo took over, winning three on the trot between Serie A and the Coppa Italia, scoring 13 goals and conceding three.

“Inter have so many great players, it’s hard to pick one I’d take away from Spalletti,” Oddo told Mediaset Premium.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday December 14 2017
Gabigol on Cruzeiro radar

After Santos, Sao Paulo and Flamengo, now Cruzeiro have emerged as candidates to take Inter flop Gabriel Barbosa on loan.

The striker cost €29.5m to sign from Santos in the summer of 2016, but after failing to get a single Serie A start, he was sent to Benfica.

He has struggled for playing time there too and the 21-year-old now wants a return to Brazil.

Santos said they would only play Gabigol if Inter had to pay the entirety of his salary, while Sao Paulo and Flamengo are also interested.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday December 14 2017
Valencia: ‘Kondogbia? We’ll see…’

Valencia’s sporting director says they’re “very happy” with Inter loanee Geoffrey Kondogbia but “we’ll make a decision in May”.

The Spanish side took the midfielder on loan in the summer, with a €25m option to buy at the end of the season.

Joao Cancelo moved in the other direction, and Mateu Alemany spoke about their futures in a Press conference today.

“With Kondogbia we have a pre-established option to buy, including the formula of the payment,” the director explained.



Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday December 14 2017
Joao Mario out for Inter

It’s reported Joao Mario could miss Inter’s match with Udinese, as he has tonsillitis again.

The Portuguese midfielder missed the Derby della Madonnina against Milan in October with the illness.

Having featured in the 5-0 win over Chievo, he was on the bench against Juventus but was left out of the squad for the Coppa Italia tie with Pordenone, reportedly with tonsillitis again.

Now Sky is reporting that Joao Mario is still on a course of antibiotics and will again miss out this weekend.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday December 14 2017
Giacomelli rested for Week 17

Piero Giacomelli hasn’t been given a Serie A game this weekend, after his controversial refereeing in the Lazio-Torino game on Monday.

The Biancocelesti were incensed by the official’s decisions in their 3-1 defeat, and insisted there’s a campaign against them.

Today the AIA has announced the referees for Week 17, and Giacomelli hasn’t been assigned to a match.

Referees aren’t always involved every week, but this could be a way of taking the Trieste native out of the firing line.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday December 14 2017
Borja Valero crucial for Inter

Statistics show Borja Valero’s impact for Inter, making more passes than anyone else in the squad, with only Milan Skriniar recovering more balls.

The Spaniard joined the Nerazzurri from Fiorentina in the summer for just €5.5m plus bonuses, and until Thursday night had been ever-present.

The 32-year-old was rested for the Coppa Italia tie with Pordenone, and the lower league side took the Beneamata to penalties after a 0-0 draw.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday December 14 2017
Inter plan January moves

Inter’s technical advisor Walter Sabatini is expected to return from China imminently, with Ramires, Alessandro Bastoni and Amato Ciciretti being considered for January.

The Nerazzurri are sitting top of Serie A, but there are still gaps in the squad, with only three centre-backs.

While that is somewhat ameliorated by not being in European competition, it’s still thought the club will look to invest in January, and Sabatini flew out to China this week to meet owners Suning Group.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday December 13 2017
Sao Paulo open to Gabigol

While Santos are refusing to pay any of Gabriel Barbosa’s wages during a loan, Sao Paulo and Flamengo are better options for Inter.

The forward was bought from Santos for €29.5m in August 2016, but loaned out to Benfica after failing to make a single Serie A start.

As Gabigol is not playing regularly in Portugal either, it’s increasingly likely he will return to Brazil in January.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday December 13 2017
Gattuso: 'Donnarumma not a monster'

Gennaro Gattuso begged Milan fans to go easy on Gianluigi Donnarumma after vicious insults over his contract situation. “He doesn’t deserve this.”

The Rossoneri notched up a second consecutive victory, sweeping Verona aside 3-0 in the Coppa Italia to set up a quarter-final meeting with Inter on December 27.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds