NEWS
Wednesday February 12 2020
Ronaldo: 'I gave Moratti ultimatum'

Ronaldo has recalled the end of his time at Inter and why he decided to leave. “I met with Massimo Moratti and told him: ‘either I go, or Hector Cuper goes,’ and in the end I went.”

El Fenomeno, as Ronaldo was known, had been at Inter for five years, but by the summer of 2002 had become disillusioned with life at San Siro under coach Hector Cuper.

They had infamously lost the title on the last day of the 2001-02 season to Juventus, after losing 4-2 to Lazio, whilst the Bianconeri won 2-0 at Udinese.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Wednesday February 12 2020
Liverpool looking at Brozo

Liverpool were reportedly looking at Marcelo Brozovic last weekend, as the Inter midfielder has a €60m release clause in his current deal at San Siro.

FCInterNews reports that a scout from Liverpool was present during the Derby della Madonnina, to take a closer look at the Croatia international.

Brozovic is tied to the Nerazzurri until June 2022 but has a release clause in his contract that could be activated only by clubs outside of Italy.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Wednesday February 12 2020
Viviano waiting for Inter decision

Emiliano Viviano is keeping himself fit in a gym at his hotel in Milan, waiting for a decision from Inter, who are reportedly still evaluating their options.

The former SPAL keeper is a free agent and could be registered outside of the transfer window, but his lack of playing time could prevent him from getting a job at San Siro.

Viviano has already passed his medical with Inter and could provide the needed back-up for injured Samir Handanovic.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Wednesday February 12 2020
Probable line-ups: Inter-Napoli

Lautaro Martinez is expected to return for Inter when Dries Mertens might be back for Napoli in the Coppa Italia at San Siro tonight.

The Argentine was suspended when the Nerazzurri beat Milan 4-2 on Sunday but should be set to start alongside Romelu Lukaku when Inter welcome Gennaro Gattuso’s men in Milan.

Antonio Conte will give Daniele Padelli another chance in goal and could let 20-year-old Alessandro Bastoni return to a back-three with Milan Skriniar and Stefan De Vrij when the coach continues to trust his successful 3-5-2.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Wednesday February 12 2020
Zamorano: 'Special Conte'

Former hero Ivan Zamorano has claimed Antonio Conte’s Inter are showing their “historic character” and said Alexis Sanchez could be “vital” in the Scudetto race.

The former Chile international drew parallels with Conte and his former coach Luigi Simoni and said they are both characters that are committed to “get something extra” from the squad.

“Conte has a special character,” he told Inter TV. “He always gets something extra from his players.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Tuesday February 11 2020
Report: Lulic needs further tests

Senad Lulic did not participate during Lazio’s training session today and will reportedly undergo further tests ahead of the big match against Inter.

According to Tuttomercatoweb, the 34-year-old was still not allowed to train with the rest of the group because of an ankle injury.

Basos returned to the group after an injury scare last Saturday, when he picked up a knock on the foot.

The report from today’s training claims he has fully recovered and should be available against the Nerazzurri this weekend.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Tuesday February 11 2020
New Inter 'would have qualified'

Fabio Cannavaro has claimed Inter would have qualified for the last 16 in the Champions League with their current squad.

The former Italy international praised the former Juventus hero and now Inter coach Antonio Conte, who has brought the Nerazzurri back to fight for the Scudetto in Italy.

“Before, everyone was talking about Antonio Conte as an added value, but since January, the club has strengthened the team a lot,” Cannavaro told the Gazzetta dello Sport. “Now, the only difference will be to keep the consistency in their performances.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Tuesday February 11 2020
Cannavaro: 'Not enough depth at Lazio'

Fabio Cannavaro has claimed Lazio don’t have the “depth” to “keep up” with the top two and revealed he wouldn’t bet on his former club Napoli to beat Barcelona.

The former Juventus and Napoli defender has praised the current Lazio XI but feel Simone Inzaghi doesn’t have enough quality among his fringe players to keep up with both Inter and Juventus.

The Biancoceleste are preparing to face the Nerazzurri on Sunday, a match that Cannavaro claims would show Lazio “how far they can go”.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Tuesday February 11 2020
Koulibaly calls for 'reaction'

Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly has apologised to the fans and urged his teammates to respond “as a real team” after the defeat to Lecce.

The Partenopei lost 3-2 to the Giallorossi last weekend and are stuck in the bottom half of Serie A after 23 games.

Napoli started the season in a bad way under Carlo Ancelotti and there were hopes of a resurrection under Gennaro Gattuso.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Tuesday February 11 2020
Report: Inter insist on Mertens

Inter reportedly continue their talks with Napoli forward Dries Mertens ahead of their first leg of the semi-finals of the Coppa Italia.

Tomorrow’s semi-final could be a special game for Mertens in many ways, as Tuttomercatoweb reports that the Belgium international could return to the starting line-up after two months out.

Nicoló Schira from the Gazzetta dello Sport has also reported that the talks between the forward and the Nerazzurri are still ongoing, as Mertens contract with the Partenopei will expire after the current season.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/