NEWS
Monday January 8 2018
Gabigol gets worst player ‘award’

Inter flop Gabriel Barbosa has been named as the biggest ‘bidone’ of last year by an Italian website.

The ‘Bidone d’Oro’ or ‘Golden Bin’ was given to the most disappointing player in Serie A at the end of each calendar year by Catersport.

The programme on Rai 2 has been cancelled, but the website calciobidone is continuing the tradition.

Today it has named the “winner” of the prize for 2017, with the striker known as Gabigol getting the nod in a readers’ poll.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday January 2 2018
Gabigol returned to Santos?

Santos are reportedly close to bringing Gabriel ‘Gabigol’ Barbosa back on loan from Inter just 18 months after his €29.5m move.

The striker was never given a Serie A start in his season at San Siro, while he has also struggled to make any impact during his loan spell at Benfica.

It’s widely reported the Portuguese club want to interrupt the loan early and return him to Inter after one goal in just five competitive appearances.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday December 29 2017
Agent: ‘Gabigol deserves a chance’

Gabriel Barbosa’s agent says the Inter striker needs “a chance to show who he is” but confirms it’s “very likely” he’ll leave Benfica.

The Brazilian, commonly known as Gabigol joined the Nerazzurri last summer, but didn’t make a single Serie A start and scored just one goal.

A loan move to Benfica has also seen him struggle to break into the first team, and it’s expected he’ll go back to Brazil on loan in January.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday December 27 2017
Gabigol: 'Benfica not as predicted'

Gabriel ‘Gabigol’ Barbosa will leave Benfica to seek more playing time, confirmed the Inter-owned striker’s entourage. “Things didn’t go as predicted.”

He wasn’t given a single Serie A start while at Inter after his €29.5m move from Santos and has struggled to make an impact in Portugal too.

Gabigol received just five appearances in all competition this season, scoring one goal, with 164 minutes played.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday December 21 2017
Santos: ‘Give fans Gabigol gift’

Santos Vice-President Orlando Rollo believes Inter striker Gabriel Barbosa will return “if everything goes well”.

The Brazilian is on loan with Benfica, but the Portuguese club don’t want him and there’s no space for him in Luciano Spalletti’s squad.

The forward, known as Gabigol, is therefore expected to return to Brazil on loan and his former club Santos appears the most likely destination.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday December 14 2017
Gabigol on Cruzeiro radar

After Santos, Sao Paulo and Flamengo, now Cruzeiro have emerged as candidates to take Inter flop Gabriel Barbosa on loan.

The striker cost €29.5m to sign from Santos in the summer of 2016, but after failing to get a single Serie A start, he was sent to Benfica.

He has struggled for playing time there too and the 21-year-old now wants a return to Brazil.

Santos said they would only play Gabigol if Inter had to pay the entirety of his salary, while Sao Paulo and Flamengo are also interested.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday December 13 2017
Sao Paulo open to Gabigol

While Santos are refusing to pay any of Gabriel Barbosa’s wages during a loan, Sao Paulo and Flamengo are better options for Inter.

The forward was bought from Santos for €29.5m in August 2016, but loaned out to Benfica after failing to make a single Serie A start.

As Gabigol is not playing regularly in Portugal either, it’s increasingly likely he will return to Brazil in January.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday December 13 2017
Santos: 'We won't pay for Gabigol'

Santos President Jose Carlos Peres confirms they will only take Gabriel ‘Gabigol’ Barbosa back if Inter pay his wages. “We don’t want to spend anything.”

The striker was bought from Santos in August 2016 for €29.5m, but never made a Serie A start and is now struggling for playing time during his loan spell at Benfica too.

A return to Brazil and his hometown club is an option, but one that offers precious few incentives for the Nerazzurri.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday December 13 2017
Santos want Gabigol back

Santos want to bring back Gabriel Barbosa, reports in Brazil suggest, but Inter would have to pay most of his wages.

The striker joined the Nerazzurri for €33.5m in the summer of 2016, but failed to make a single Serie A start and scored just one goal.

That saw the Brazilian, who is known as Gabigol, loaned to Benfica for the season, but aside from two cup appearances he’s managed just 43 minutes between the league and Champions League.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday December 6 2017
Report: Betis want Gabigol

Spanish side Real Betis are reportedly pushing hard to bring in Inter outcast Gabriel Barbosa.

According to Corriere dello Sport, Betis boss Quique Setien is a long-time admirer of Gabigol, having tried to sign him for Las Palmas last summer.

However, the newspaper warns the Brazilian forward is still intent on re-joining Santos in January.

The 21-year-old’s career has taken a huge dip since a €29.5m move to the Nerazzurri in August 2016, while a loan spell to Benfica has yielded just 26 minutes of football.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds