NEWS
Sunday August 18 2019
Confirmed: Lazzari needs surgery

It is now official that Lazio wing-back Manuel Lazzari requires surgery after fracturing his hand. “It was caught in an opposition jersey.”

The former SPAL talent sustained the bizarre injury during a friendly against the Lazio youth team and X-Rays have confirmed a fracture of the third metacarpal bone in the right hand.

“This type of fracture requires surgery over the next few days, as soon as the local conditions of the hand allow it.”

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports. https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Sunday August 18 2019
Lazio: Month out for Lazzari?

Lazio could be without new signing Manuel Lazzari for a month after he reportedly fractured a metacarpal bone in his right hand.

According to Il Tempo, Lazzari pulled up midway through Lazio’s friendly with their Primavera team on Sunday morning.

The newspaper adds he will undergo surgery in the coming hours, which will keep him sidelined for around a month.

Assuming that recovery time is correct, the 25-year-old will miss the Aquile’s Serie A openers against Sampdoria and city rivals Roma.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports. https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Saturday August 17 2019
Lazio looking at Hassan

Lazio are reportedly interested in pursuing Egypt international forward Ahmed Hassan from Sporting Braga.

The 26-year-old has been nicknamed the ‘Egyptian Zlatan Ibrahimovic’ and should be available for an affordable fee, seeing as his contract expires at the end of this season.

Hassan just returned to base after a year on loan in Greece with Olympiacos, where last term he scored 15 goals in 32 competitive games.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, negotiations have begun for the striker, who is represented by agent Jorge Mendes.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports. https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Saturday August 17 2019
Napoli season ticket sales down

Napoli have sold only 9,000 season tickets for 2019-20, fewer than Parma, Bologna, Cagliari, Udinese and Lecce.

Despite improvements to the Stadio San Paolo this summer, including new seats, fans are still not flocking to watch home games.

According to Radio Kiss Kiss, there are only 9,000 season tickets sold by the Partenopei so far.

In comparison, Atalanta and SPAL sold 7,000, Hellas Verona, Cagliari, Bologna and Parma have 10,000 members and Udinese 13,000.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports. https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Saturday August 17 2019
Radu won't join Durmisi at Fenerbahce

Fenerbahce are close to Lazio wing-back Riza Durmisi, but have been told that Stefan Radu is not for sale.

Multiple sources are confident Durmisi will join Fenerbahce just one year after his €7.5m arrival from Real Betis.

The Turkish club will beat competition from Olympique Marseille and Brondby for the 25-year-old Dane.

During these talks, Fotospor report that Fenerbahce also asked after defender Radu.

However, the 32-year-old is not on the market, having joined Lazio in 2008.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports. https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Thursday August 15 2019
Milinkovic: Won't force Lazio exit

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has assured ‘you’ll never hear me say that I want to leave Lazio’ in public.

Milinkovic-Savic has continually been linked with moves away from Lazio after establishing himself as one of Europe’s most coveted midfielders, but the Serb made it clear he would never disrespect his employers. 

“You’ll never hear me say that I want to leave Lazio,” the 24-year-old told Sport Plus.

“I never mentioned a possible transfer to Manchester United, it was just a newspaper story.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports. https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Wednesday August 14 2019
Malaga threaten Lazio over Jony

Malaga have threatened legal action if Lazio do not pay them €12m for winger Jony Rodriguez.

Jony moved to Lazio in July and has gone on to feature heavily for the Aquile during preseason.

However, Malaga President Sheikh Abdullah Al Thani warned the Spaniard had no right to leave on his own accord.

“Jony’s case is in the hands of our lawyers, who are reviewing all the paperwork,” he told Marca.

“We talked to the player and Lazio, but he ended his contract with Malaga unilaterally.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports. https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Tuesday August 13 2019
Durmisi open to Fenerbahce move

There are growing reports that Lazio left-back Riza Durmisi is heading to Fenerbahce, as Aleksandar Kolarov won’t leave Roma.

The Turkish club have been targeting Kolarov for months, but despite rumours in the local media that the player wanted to join them, Italian sources have never suggested anything close to a deal.

Now Fanatik claim that Durmisi has agreed personal terms with Fenerbahce and Lazio are open to a sale.

He could even move on loan with option to buy for €4m.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports. https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Tuesday August 13 2019
Milinkovic: 'Happy at Lazio'

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic assures he is not disappointed by the failed Manchester United or PSG moves. “I want for nothing at Lazio.”

The midfielder had reportedly been on the verge of a €90m transfer to Old Trafford, while Paris Saint-Germain continue to pursue him, although a recent hip injury might’ve put paid to that idea.

“The injury isn’t as bad as people say. I know how long it takes to recover properly and can’t wait to be back on the field training in a few days,” Milinkovic-Savic told Serbian media Espreso.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports. https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/

NEWS
Tuesday August 13 2019
Napoli leading Llorente race

Napoli are moving into pole position for free agent Fernando Llorente, ahead of Fiorentina, Lazio and Manchester United.

According to La Repubblica newspaper, the Partenopei are in advanced talks with the 34-year-old Spaniard.

He is available after his Tottenham Hotspur contract was allowed to expire and he participated in the Champions League Final.

Manchester United could still sign him after the Premier League transfer deadline, because he is a free agent.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports. https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/