NEWS
Monday September 14 2015
Zuniga agent: ‘Sarri excuses’

Camilo Zuniga’s agent claims Napoli Coach Maurizio Sarri is making ‘excuses’ not to play his client.

The Partenopei boss has declared that Zuniga is not ‘in top condition to play’, and is yet to use him this season.

“These are all excuses for the Coach not to play him,” Riccardo Calleri told AS.

“It’s not true that he’s not good physically, he’s available. Could he be released? We’ll see…”

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday September 9 2015
De Guzman fight with Napoli chief?

There are reports Jonathan de Guzman was in a physical altercation with Napoli director Cristiano Giuntoli.

The saga has been bubbling on throughout the summer, as De Guzman was all set to join Bournemouth on loan with option to buy when he didn’t catch his flight.

Mystery surrounded what caused the transfer to break down, but there were reports of an injury note from the Dutch Federation.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday September 2 2015
De Guzman in, Zuniga out

Jonathan de Guzman is in Napoli’s Serie A squad, but Juan Camilo Zuniga is left out again.

As of this season, all the top flight clubs in Italy can have a squad of maximum 25 players to choose from.

De Guzman’s transfer to Bournemouth collapsed on deadline day for reasons that remain unclear.

The Dutchman was left out of Napoli’s Europa League squad, but is included in the Serie A list.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday September 1 2015
Chalobah named in Napoli squad

Nathaniel Chalobah is included in Napoli’s squad for the Europa League, but Jonathan De Guzman and Juan Zuniga miss out.

The Vesuviani have submitted their 22-man squad for the competition, with on-loan Chelsea midfielder Chalobah making the cut.

However, following De Guzman’s refusal to join Bournemouth, and the collapse of a swap deal with Sampdoria for Zuniga and Roberto Soriano, both have been left off the list.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday August 31 2015
Napoli miss Soriano deadline!

In an incredible moment of drama, Napoli failed to deposit Roberto Soriano’s contract in time, so he stays at Sampdoria.

The deal had been done for €13.5m plus Juan Camilo Zuniga.

However, the extremely complex contract was not deposited with the Lega Serie A in time.

They missed the deadline at 23.00 local time (22.00 UK, 21.00 GMT).

Soriano will therefore remain at Sampdoria at least until January.

It’s believed the delays were down to image rights.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday August 31 2015
DONE? Soriano to Napoli, Matri to Lazio

Done deals to be announced soon include Roberto Soriano to Napoli, Alessandro Matri to Lazio, Felipe Melo, Adem Ljajic and Alex Telles to Inter.

Keep up to date with all the transfer news as it happens on our LIVEBLOG.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday August 31 2015
Samp: 'Inter Eder offer rejected'

Sampdoria President Massimo Ferrero confirms he “rejected an Inter offer for Eder.”

The striker is a prime target and has been on sparkling form, scoring a brace in each of his two Serie A games this season.

“We rejected an Inter offer for Eder,” Ferrero told Tuttomercatoweb.

He also commented on the Roberto Soriano saga, as Milan pulled out and Napoli are now pushing hard.

“Soriano is wanted by many clubs, we’ll see if his heart takes him somewhere. Juan Camilo Zuniga? Very strong.”

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday August 31 2015
Samp, Lazio vie for Zuniga

Sampdoria is a candidate for Napoli's Juan Camilo Zuniga after Lazio apparently lost interest, say reports.

The full-back doesn't appear to have much space in Maurizio Sarri's squad and could leave today.

The Biancocelesti and the Blucerchiati appeared to be the most likely destinations, but according to LazioNews.eu, the former have abandoned the race.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday August 22 2015
Napoli leave out De Guzman

Napoli left out transfer-listed Jonathan de Guzman, Edu Vargas and Juan Camilo Zuniga for the trip to Sassuolo.

It kicks off on Sunday at 19.45 UK time (18.45 GMT), click here for a match preview.

The Partenopei are without Faouzi Ghoulam, who sits out a one-match ban, and the injured Mariano Andujar.

Notably left out are De Guzman (who seems ready to turn down a move to Sunderland), Chile international Vargas and Zuniga.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday August 20 2015
Samp wait on Berbatov

Sampdoria will reportedly have a reply from Dimitar Berbatov before Saturday after offering the free agent a contract. 

The former Manchester United striker was released by Monaco at the end of the season and is looking for a new club, and the Blucerchiati are believed to have made him a proposal.

Il Secolo XIX writes that the 34-year-old has received an offer from Samp and will respond to it before Saturday, although Premier League sides Aston Villa, West Ham and Leicester City are also reportedly interested.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds