NEWS
Friday June 12 2020
Brescia sue Balotelli and Raiola

Brescia released a statement pledging legal action against Mario Balotelli and Mino Raiola for ‘false and slanderous accusations’ that they prevented the striker taking COVID-19 tests.

Raiola told reporters today that Balotelli was “discriminated against” and had not been given a single swab to test for coronavirus, unlike the rest of the squad.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday June 12 2020
Balotelli: 'Brescia never tested me'

Mario Balotelli ramped up the war of words with Brescia, backing Mino Raiola’s assertion he has ‘never been tested’ for COVID-19 by his club.

According to the striker and his agent, Brescia are trying to prevent him from accessing the training ground and working with his teammates.

In order to ensure Balotelli cannot get close to his co-workers, they have reportedly not even given him a single swab test for coronavirus, whereas the others received several.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday June 12 2020
Balotelli asks for March salary

Mario Balotelli has reportedly sent Brescia the third formal reinstatement letter, in addition to a request for the salary of March.

La Gazzetta dello Sport has claimed the club reacted with surprise to the notice received from the former Italy international and according to President Massimo Cellino’s lawyer Mattia Grassani, they are outraged by his behaviour.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday June 10 2020
Agent: 'Balotelli should just retire'

Agent Furio Valcareggi has some very strong advice for Brescia outcast Mario Balotelli. ‘It’s obvious now he has to stop playing football.’

The striker turns 30 in August and has practically split from Brescia after a series of disagreements, which culminated in him being turned away from the training ground yesterday.

He was allowed back in this evening for medical tests and a brief session, but only after his teammates had already left.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday June 10 2020
Balotelli to resume Brescia training

Mario Balotelli had medical tests today and should resume training, as the legal battle with Brescia continues the day after he was turned away.

The striker had a note from his personal doctor stating he had gastroenteritis and would not be available for training until June 10.

It’s reported the club has its doubts about this illness, seen as another reason for him not to take part in training, amid rumours he returned after the lockdown overweight.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday June 9 2020
Balotelli denied access to training ground

Brescia outcast Mario Balotelli was refused access to the Torbole sports centre when he turned up for training this morning.

The saga continues as La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Brescia decided against opening the door when Balotelli arrived.

The report claims the Lombardy club said his sick leave hadn’t expired and therefore the Rondinelle decided to keep the gate shut on the former Italy international, who previously refused to have his contract with the club terminated.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday June 9 2020
Dybala calls for action against racism

Juventus forward Paulo Dybala has warned the Federcalcio that players will take ‘measures into our own hands’ if no action will be taken against racism in Italian stadiums.

The Argentine ace gave an in-depth interview with CNN ahead of the resumption behind closed doors and recalled the ugly scenes when former teammate Moise Kean was targeted by racial abuse during an away game against Cagliari.

He also pointed to similar incidents with Miralem Pjanic and Brescia forward Mario Balotelli.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday June 6 2020
Report: Balotelli forced Brescia sacking

Mario Balotelli reportedly refused to terminate his contract by mutual consent, prompting Brescia to send a letter informing him he’d been fired.

It was hoped the situation could be resolved amicably, but the breakdown in communication was so extreme that this very short experience is coming to an ugly end.

Balotelli failed to attend several training sessions over the last week, claiming on Instagram that he was ‘sick’, but the club insisted he had not given them any warning, let alone a doctor’s note.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday June 6 2020
Tonali: 'Balotelli no waster, but...'

Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali denies Mario Balotelli is a wasted talent but admits he ‘looks more’ to other teammates off the field.

Balotelli looks set to leave Brescia before the season is out, his rapport with the club breaking down after he skipped training sessions.

Despite that, Tonali remains a fan of the striker, although he hinted that was limited to the pitch.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday June 6 2020
Lopez: 'Balotelli let Brescia down'

Brescia boss Diego Lopez has aimed a parting shot at Mario Balotelli, claiming that the striker ‘didn’t even show up on Zoom’.

Balotelli is leaving Brescia after President Massimo Cellino ordered an immediate termination of his contract, and Lopez admitted to feeling short-changed by the 29-year-old, who has been skipping training sessions.

“In life, facts count, not words,” he told Corriere della Sera.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds