NEWS
Sunday January 21 2018
Jorginho close to Napoli renewal

It is reported that midfielder Jorginho is close to signing a new contract to remain at Napoli until 2022.

The Italy international joined the Partenopei from Verona in 2014 and has since established himself as a key player at the San Paolo.

According to Il Mattino, the 26-year-old is set to be rewarded for his consistent displays with a new deal that will see his wages doubled.

The Italian daily claims terms have been agreed between the player and the club, with Jorginho to earn €3m per season in addition to bonuses.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday January 20 2018
Gasp: 'Inter were fallen giants'

Atalanta Coach Gian Piero Gasperini reveals he almost joined Napoli in 2011 and doesn’t consider his brief spell at Inter to be with “a big club.”

The tactician is earning so many plaudits for Atalanta’s performances in Serie A, the Europa League and Coppa Italia, but his career took a bizarre turn in 2011 when lasting just six competitive matches on the Inter bench.

“I never really had the chance to be the Coach of a big club,” the 60-year-old said in the Corriere dello Sport.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday January 12 2018
Napoli double Sarri salary

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis paid a surprise visit to Maurizio Sarri in order to discuss extending the tactician’s contract with a doubled salary.

The Partenopei are currently top of the Serie A table and much of the credit has been given to their Coach, particularly for their free-flowing and beautiful style of football.

According to Il Mattino newspaper, De Laurentiis is increasingly concerned he could lose Sarri come the end of the season, especially as there is a release clause in his current contract worth €8m.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
BLOG ITALIA
Friday January 12 2018
Hamsik already a Napoli legend

Marek Hamsik hasn't just broken Napoli records, writes Emmet Gates, but over a decade embedded himself in the fabric of the club and the city.

As Dries Mertens rolled the ball across the turf at the Stadio San Paolo in the 38th minute against Sampdoria, Marek Hamsik knew this was it: the chance to make history.

It was an opportunity that had looked inevitable, to break a record that loomed over and consumed him for months and weeks, to overtake Diego Maradona as the club’s record goal-scorer.

Of course he didn’t miss, delicately lifting the ball over the on-rushing Emiliano Viviano into the roof of the net to give Napoli the lead, and indeed the victory.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds

Keep up to date with the latest news and action from Spain's Primera Division with Football Espana - from the team behind Football Italia.

NEWS
Thursday January 11 2018
Official: Napoli sign Machach

Napoli have officially signed Zinedine Machach as a free agent on a contract to June 2022.

The French-Algerian talent turned 22 last week and the news was confirmed via President Aurelio De Laurentiis’ Twitter account.

There was also a statement on the club website welcoming the midfielder, who saw his Toulouse contract terminated last month following a training ground brawl with coaching staff.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday January 11 2018
ADL: ‘Machach is for the future’

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis confirms Zinedine Machach is a “prospect signing”, and Maurizio Sarri will have final say on Gerard Deulofeu or Simone Verdi.

Machach is in Italy today to take his medical before signing on a free transfer, and the Partenopei owner discussed his arrival on Radio Kiss Kiss Napoli.

“Napoli must also think about the future, not just the needs of the moment,” De Laurentiis said.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday January 6 2018
ADL looking for ‘new Callejon’

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis says he is searching for the ‘new Jose Callejon.’

The Spaniard arrived at the San Paolo in 2013 and has been an integral part of successes enjoyed by the Partenopei under Rafa Benitez and Maurizio Sarri.

And with Napoli top of Serie A heading into the second half of the season, De Laurentiis is looking to bolster his squad as he looks to provide the club with their first Scudetto since 1990.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday January 3 2018
ADL: ‘Napoli have too many’

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis believes the club has “maybe even too many” players on the books.

The Partenopei patron was presenting his new film, Benedetta Follia, this afternoon and journalists took the chance to ask him about the January transfer market.

“For the moment I’m only thinking about this film which will make you die laughing,” De Laurentiis replied.

“In the next two weeks I’ll be doing interviews with newspapers and television, so it’s better not to do anything early.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday December 29 2017
‘Napoli stadium in Melito’

The mayor of Melito says Napoli could build a new stadium in the municipality, 9km north of Naples.

The Partenopei have long been unhappy with the Stadio San Paolo, with President Aurelio De Laurentiis describing it as “a toilet”.

The owner has floated the idea of moving out of the city, and one local mayor says he’s already had discussions about the idea.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Sunday December 24 2017
ADL: ‘Inglese yes, Younes maybe’

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis reiterates Roberto Inglese will arrive in January, but “nothing is certain” on Amin Younes and Zinédine Machach.

The Partenopei are top of Serie A, and it’s expected they’ll make investments in the January transfer window to strengthen Maurizio Sarri’s squad.

The first new arrival will be Chievo striker Inglese, who was bought in the summer and loaned back to the Flying Donkeys.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds