BLOG ITALIA
Wednesday June 17 2020
Rino's resurrection of Napoli

From chaos to the Coppa Italia Final, Richard Hall wonders if Gennaro Gattuso can beat Maurizio Sarri’s Juventus with his very own Napoli style.

Napoli fired Carlo Ancelotti in December just hours after securing a place in the Champions League Round of 16. Now they are poised to beat their previous tactician and old rivals with potentially their first silverware in six years. It’s quite the movie that the Partenopei have plotted out, now to see how it ends.

Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday June 16 2020
Sarri: 'I don't think about Napoli'

Maurizio Sarri insists he only focuses on Juventus ahead of the Coppa Italia clash with his former club Napoli: “I’m happy to be in the Final.”

The first trophy will be assigned tomorrow, as Juventus play Napoli at the Stadio Olimpico in the Coppa Italia, and the Old Lady coach doesn’t expect the high intensity of a normal Final.

Sarri watched his former club beat Inter 2-1 on aggregate in the other semi-final but felt the Partenopei sat back and waited to hit the Nerazzurri on the break.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday June 15 2020
Napoli set €100m price tags on Koulibaly and Fabian

Kalidou Koulibaly and Fabian Ruiz are being linked away from Napoli, but President Aurelio De Laurentiis has claimed he will only listen to the right offer.

The Senegalese defender Koulibaly has been targeted by the giants in Europe, with Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain reportedly chasing the centre-back.

The influential midfielder Fabian has emerged as a mark for the two Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona in recent weeks but De Laurentiis insisted that he doesn’t have to sell either of them unless he will get the right amount.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday June 15 2020
ADL: 'Gattuso is a warrior'

Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis has revealed he will sit down with Gennaro Gattuso in August to evaluate and possibly extend of his current deal.

Gattuso replaced Carlo Ancelotti in December and the President expected a longer transition period than the former midfielder needed at the San Paolo.

During a difficult first half of the season, De Laurentiis admitted he had immediately contacted Gattuso and told him to not go anywhere.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday June 15 2020
ADL: 'Sarri forced me to change'

Napoli patron Aurelio De Laurentiis has accused Maurizio Sarri of ‘forcing’ him to change coach at the San Paolo and claimed Carlo Ancelotti was not the right man for the job.

The Partenopei overcame Inter in the semi-finals and will face the Maurizio Sarri’s Juventus in Rome on Wednesday, when Gennaro Gattuso and the former Azzurri coach clash in sight of their first trophy in Italy.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday June 15 2020
ADL: 'Mertens is special'

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed the new deal with Dries Mertens and revealed he wants to keep the Belgium international at the San Paolo beyond his playing career.

The 33-year-old had been linked with a move to Inter in recent months but seems set to stay at the San Paolo, only formalities away from signing a new deal.

Mertens became the club’s all-time leading goalscorer after having sent the Partenopei to the Coppa Italia Final on Saturday and De Laurentiis said it was ‘easy’ to renew his deal.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday June 11 2020
Report: Callejon offered two-year extension

Napoli have reportedly offered Jose Callejon a new two-year deal at the San Paolo, trying to convince the Spanish winger to stay.

Callejon’s contract expires in June but the Corriere dello Sport claims the 33-year-old’s farewell is not as certain as it has appeared.

Since January, the right winger has been linked with a move away from the club and has been linked with a return to Spain in recent weeks.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday June 8 2020
Report: ADL ready to meet with Gattuso

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis will reportedly meet with Gennaro Gattuso before the Inter match on Saturday, to discuss a new deal until June 2022.

The Partenopei coach has, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport, convinced the patron and will be rewarded with a new deal worth €1.5m a year at the San Paolo.

Napoli prepare to face Inter on Saturday and the newspaper claims De Laurentiis wants to get the formalities sorted before the resumption and should be ready to plan with the former Rossoneri tactician.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday June 4 2020
ADL plans to convince Callejon

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis will reportedly try to convince Jose Callejon of staying at the San Paolo and extend his expiring contract.

The report claims the patron will return to meet the Partenopei squad on Saturday and talk to players closing in on new deals – such as Dries Mertens and Piotr Zielinski.

But the newspaper reveals that De Laurentiis will go through the future of Callejon, who has been linked with a move back to Spain.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Wednesday June 3 2020
Napoli look for Milik's successor

Napoli have, according to Il Mattino, stepped up their search for Arkadiusz Milik’s successor at the San Paolo, with two players in mind.

The Poland international’s future in Naples is uncertain, as his current deal expires in 2021 and the Partenopei could be forced to sell this summer.

President Aurelio De Laurentiis doesn’t want the forward to leave on a free transfer, a possible scenario next summer should the Azzurri keep him but fail to agree new terms with the 26-year-old.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds