NEWS
Saturday August 27 2016
Chelsea switch to De Vrij

Chelsea were turned down for Kalidou Koulibaly and Nikola Maksimovic, so turn to Lazio defender Stefan de Vrij.

Napoli refused to sell Koulibaly this summer and the alternative, Torino centre-back Maksimovic, seems to be heading to the Stadio San Paolo as well for €26m plus bonuses.

According to SportItalia, Antonio Conte is still determined to get a Serie A defender and turned his attention towards De Vrij.

His price-tag is €25m plus performance-related bonuses.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday August 23 2016
Koulibaly given €70m clause

Napoli have offered Chelsea target Kalidou Koulibaly a contract extension to 2021 with €70m release clause valid only abroad.

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Partenopei are prepared to lock K2 down to a new deal.

It’d last to June 2021 and be worth €2.2m net per year, plus bonuses.

There would also be a release clause set at €70m, but only valid for clubs outside of Italy.

Napoli have consistently resisted all Chelsea and Everton offers for the Senegal international centre-back.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday August 22 2016
Chelsea warn Napoli on Koulibaly

Chelsea reportedly refuse to raise their offer for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly, and could turn to Nikola Maksimovic of Torino.

The Blues have been chasing the Partenopei centre-back all summer, but have seen several bids rejected.

Now the Daily Telegraph is reporting that the English side have made it clear they won’t raise their offer above €50m [£40m], so the Vesuviani must either accept that or walk away.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday August 20 2016
Sarri: 'Koulibaly dumb mistakes'

Napoli Coach Maurizio Sarri gave Kalidou Koulibaly some harsh advice, but implied he won’t be going to Chelsea.

The Senegal international defender has been the subject of a transfer soap opera all summer, as Chelsea still seem determined to offer over €50m.

“In (last week’s friendly at Hertha) Berlin, Koulibaly had 20 minutes with his full repertoire of dumb mistakes, but over the rest of pre-season he did well,” said Sarri in today’s Press conference, albeit using slightly more colourful language.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Saturday August 20 2016
Conte: 'Transfer market is crazy'

Antonio Conte complained of a “crazy” transfer market, as Chelsea “are asked £55m for a player of medium quality.”

The reference may well have been to Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly, who will be offered a contract renewal by the Serie A side next week.

“In this moment it’s very difficult to buy,” said Conte.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Friday August 19 2016
Koulibaly offered Napoli renewal

Napoli are set to turn down Chelsea’s latest offer for Kalidou Koulibaly and offer him a contract renewal.

According to SportItalia, the Partenopei have absolutely no intention of listening to proposals for the centre-back.

Although the English papers claim these bids are reaching over €50m, Italian media insist it’s all speculation and the formal offers were far lower.

Koulibaly has been urged to sign a new contract worth €2m per season plus bonuses.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Thursday August 18 2016
Napoli back in for Maksimovic

Napoli have made a new bid for Torino defender Nikola Maksimovic, according to reports.

The Partenopei have been pursuing the Serbian international all summer, and the centre-back is on strike to try and force a move away from the Granata.

Toro signed two defenders today in Leandro Castan and Lorenzo De Silvestri, and Gianluca Di Marzio’s website reports a new bid for Maksimovic.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday August 16 2016
Chelsea to make new Koulibaly bid

Reports suggest Chelsea are preparing a new bid for Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly.

The Blues have been pursuing the defender all summer, as manager Antonio Conte wants reinforcements for his backline.

After Luca Rossettini joined Torino earlier today, there was speculation it could unlock the Koulibaly situation.

Toro defender Nikola Maksimovic is on strike as he tried to force a move to the Partenopei, and Rossettini is expected to replace the Serb.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Tuesday August 16 2016
Rossettini starts domino effect?

Luca Rossettini’s move to Torino could start a domino effect, with Nikola Maksimovic to Napoli and Kalidou Koulibaly to Chelsea.

It has now been officially confirmed that the Granata have signed the defender from Bologna on a permanent basis.

Rossettini is expected to be a replacement for Nikola Maksimovic, who has gone on strike to try and force through his move to Napoli.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds
NEWS
Monday August 15 2016

Conte: ‘Koulibaly? No comment’

Antonio Conte wants to “find the right solution” for Chelsea, but it’s "not respectful” to dicusss Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly.

The Italian made his competitive debut on the Stamford Bridge bench tonight, overseeing a 2-1 win over West Ham United.

The Blues have been heavily linked with Koulibaly in recent weeks, but the former Italy CT was not willing to discuss the centre back.

“It’s important to have contact every day with the club,” Conte said in his post-match Press conference.

Enable Scroll-To-Play Video
Do Not Exclude From Feeds